• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 Ladies Tour of Norway, 2.WWT - 12th to 15th August

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bad news for Marty Macdonald and Libertine; Anna Henderson didn't start today.

It took an hour's time before a break got away. Faulkner won the first intermediate sprint, but there are only points on offer in those. Biannic and Cordon Ragot now has a 1:15 gap with about 80 km left. Live pictures are coming soon.

Jumbo split the bunch in the wind, and Riejanne Markus bridged across to the break on her own. When they weren't long from being brought back she attacked solo, and she now has a minute with 14 km to go. DSM have sued up their energy, so I think they'll mess it up again.

It was also very frustrating that SD Worx added Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio to the startlist after I'd already made my prediction game picks. I would probably have stuck to my guns, but watching SD Worx pushing on the front here is starting to make me regret that.

Yeah, that has certainly made a difference to the race dynamics. I hope they will still ride for Fisher-Black though, cause she deserves the chance.

Lippert climbing great too, she's done a lot of the pacing on the front as well. This is usually a bit above her range.

Done now though.

García awfully placed and having to ride around everybody to get into contention, yet again.

Nooo, Cille dropping :( Good for me in the prediction game, but I can deal with that. I can't bring myself to cheer against Cille. How could one?

I don't know why García wasn't on Reusser's wheel.

Cille destroyed herself trying to hold on. A shame she didn't have Cavalli with her.
And now Van Vleuten has done enough to win.
García being a late starter has always had trouble with placement and she was just dropping back and getting swamped in the group constantly when it was tempo riding, Reusser is also a late starter so I wonder if they just don't have that knack of finding one another in the group, it's probably costing them here as Mavi responded well in terms of her legs and the burst of acceleration, but was already way down when she started, like being one of the fastest sprinters in the stage but being about ten wheels back from where you need to be.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca

TRENDING THREADS