• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2021 Tour de France: Who is going to win the green jersey?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the points classification?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Several flat stages were designed with echelons in mind. Stage 6 could be particularly good if the weather cooperates.

Perhaps Sagan's only shot at green. But it would put Van Aert in the mix, as well. I assume WVA will have to babysit Roglic, but if the former scores big in stages 1 & 2 and in the first TT it could get interesting.

I think its Bennett vs Ewan for Green too. But I sense Ewan's form is on the rise. Interesting the comments at the start of the thread that MvDP won't get to Paris. That surprises me. But I'd love to see Sagan win a stage even if he's too tired to compete for Green.

I can't see Sagan winning green with Matthews and especially Colbrelli there to take points. Bennett is still coming into form whilst Merlier hasn't ridden a GT yet. Demare is the unknown quantity, he's been winning smaller races, sure, but how well? I think it's between him and Ewan.

Meanwhile they should all be eternally grateful Van Aert is supporting a GC attempt because he would obliterate them all on points.

That’s not an unreasonable point, but Demare’s best other stage finish after his 4 wins, was 39th in the final TT. Obviously I think he’ll ride the Tour differently, but it’s going to be hard for him to maintain the level of consistency in his sprinting throughout the Tour that comes so easily to Sagan.

There were not as many bunch sprints in that Giro as there are at the Tour this year.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Reading this i would say that in retrospective Bennett, like Almeida, was likely a casualty of Lefevere going all in with Evenepoel.

P.S. Alaphilippe is safe for now as it likely came down to a decision who Lefevere wanted to keep more. As the decision was made to keep Alaphilippe then i guess what was left is a contract that could make somebody like Cavendish happy. In the end i sincerely doubt only a knee injury is what resulted in such outcome.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts