• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 Trentino European Championships 8-12 September

The most important race-event of the season nobody cares about!

Who will steal Nizzolo's jersey? (Not that he seems to be too angry about that.)

20200929_Nizzolo_Euro2021_GPH_11-scaled-e1622536483967-400x300.jpg

Time trial course:
uec-trento-2020-itt.png

euro_crono.png

This is the course the women do 8 times:

uec-2020-trentino-circuit-1.png

And this is the course the men do:

uec-2020-trentino-me.png

As you can see in this video it's an area you'd like to travel through:
View: https://youtu.be/nrB-7BlU8Bw

There's also a mixed team time trial relay or whatever the name is... you know, that Ganna vs. men and women of all countries but Italy thing.

On the startlist for the races are 39 nations, more than one would think Europe has, but hey, we are huge!

Masnada would win this race if he wasn't injured.
I was wondering why Fausto wasn't selected. He is training currently in Tignes and is towards the end of the training camp. Looking at quickstep program he will be doing something like Luxembourg or Slovakia as prep for Italian classics. He can definitely win Lombardia as long as he is not sacrificed for the Zwift Prince Remmco

Reactions: Sandisfan
Sonny, Bagioli and Trentin are all in good shape and are fast finishers, but if Pogacar and Evenepoel go early it might become a tough race so I'm not counting on Italy winning its 4th straight EC.
France has an interesting team with different options.

The most important race-event of the season nobody cares about!

Who will steal Nizzolo's jersey? (Not that he seems to be too angry about that.)

20200929_Nizzolo_Euro2021_GPH_11-scaled-e1622536483967-400x300.jpg

Time trial course:
uec-trento-2020-itt.png

euro_crono.png

This is the course the women do 8 times:

uec-2020-trentino-circuit-1.png

And this is the course the men do:

uec-2020-trentino-me.png

As you can see in this video it's an area you'd like to travel through:
View: https://youtu.be/nrB-7BlU8Bw

There's also a mixed team time trial relay or whatever the name is... you know, that Ganna vs. men and women of all countries but Italy thing.

On the startlist for the races are 39 nations, more than one would think Europe has, but hey, we are huge!

What do you mean that nobody cares about it?

What do you mean that nobody cares about it?

Obviously a big exaggeration for effect, but it doesn't have a huge appeal to many riders, most go there if possible but would never make it a season's goal. Also it's not a race where you "have to be" if the course remotely suits you. And as viewers, well, few people get excited about this race, although of course it's cool to win the jersey.

Reactions: Sandisfan and noob

TRENDING THREADS