• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 World Championships in Flanders: Road Races

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't know that Belgium's tactics were that bad. Wout just didn't have the legs today - it happens. Neither he nor Van der Poel had the legs to win today. Colbrelli I'm not totally sure about.

Where did this sudden form from Valgren come from? He's been mostly mediocre for a few years now and the last few weeks he's back to 2018. It was super impressive the way he bridged to the front group, the only guy able to do it.

I don't know that Belgium's tactics were that bad. Wout just didn't have the legs today - it happens. Neither he nor Van der Poel had the legs to win today. Colbrelli I'm not totally sure about.

Where did this sudden form from Valgren come from? He's been mostly mediocre for a few years now and the last few weeks he's back to 2018. It was super impressive the way he bridged to the front group, the only guy able to do it.
If you have one of the strongest riders, and completely waste him with 200km to go, i think it's fair to say tactics sucked huge balls.

Hes good again because Team NTT no longer exist

Valgren hit a really good form at the 2020 Vuelta and has been pretty good since. He has been unlucky with crashes but his form has been good all year.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Clipboard.jpg

If Remco would have been protected, I think he showed he had the legs today to have covered Alaphillippe.
Maybe, maybe not. Riding on the front at a hard steady tempo isn't the same as the kind of explosion in the legs Ala has. I don't think he would have been able to go with him. Maybe once or twice but I don't think anyone had the form today to go with him on that last one. But yeah, if somehow he'd been able to go with him every time at least Belgium would have come away with a silver.