• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 World Championships in Flanders - Time Trials

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.jpg
Serious 90s band stuff going on there

Another photo that pretends to be about a cycling podium but is actually material for the barber shop. :poutingcat:
Or is it for the casting of a high school movie? The handsome dude all the girls run to, the super nice guy and the weird friend with the weird jokes...
:smilingimp: I know I'm mean, it's just not the best photo you could take of Segaert. After already not having the best wind?

By the way I'm really disappointed, I had hoped Wang has some Chinese anchestors. :(
These guys aren't in their mid to late 20s so they could never play in a high school movie

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Mixed relay tomorrow afternoon

:beermug::beermug::beermug: Germany, Italy, The Netherlands
:beermug::beermug: Belgium, Denmark, GB, USA
:beercheers: France, Switzerland
I wouldn't look past the Swiss, they have 2 top TTers on the men's side and Marlen Reusser alongside Elise Chabbey, who is also a decent TTer.
I guess the guys are actually the weak point of the Dutch team, they need Van Emden to do all the heavy lifting.
To me Germany looks like the most balanced team.

I had been thinking of this as a six legged relay that is effectively ITTs (as last time's 4-person event), but looking again, it seems to be that the three men ride together (Knokke-Heist to Bruges), and then (I'm guessing on arrival of the second male) the women ride a TTT in the loop from Bruges to Dudzele and back. Time to be taken on the second woman to finish.

That might be more interesting than I had thought.

Or have I misunderstood?

I wouldn't look past the Swiss, they have 2 top TTers on the men's side and Marlen Reusser alongside Elise Chabbey, who is also a decent TTer.
I guess the guys are actually the weak point of the Dutch team, they need Van Emden to do all the heavy lifting.
To me Germany looks like the most balanced team.

I'd switch USA and Switzerland, but overall it looks sensible.

I might have been too hard on the Suisse here, but the team just looks a little unbalanced with Schmid and Nicole Koller, who's a MTB/CX rider, who's never even ridden a pro time trial. Of course it's more about how the riders are able to work together here than just their individul TT abilities. But Reusser did ride as fast as the TTT teams on her own in Trento, and if she can repeat that performance without dropping Koller too early, while also keeping her visor clean, then a medal is probably guaranteed.

I tend to agree. The men should be able to stay in touch with Italy, and the women are 3/4 from the record breaking Olympic team pursuit. It doesn't translate 1-1 to a TTT of course, but they know each other very well, and Kröger has pulled a far worse unit to best time at the European Championships already.
Yeah, I find it hard to look past Germany, strong on the men's side and Kröger + the 2 Lisas who finished 5th and 7th in the ITT, they are my nr. 1 favourite.

I had been thinking of this as a six legged relay that is effectively ITTs (as last time's 4-person event), but looking again, it seems to be that the three men ride together (Knokke-Heist to Bruges), and then (I'm guessing on arrival of the second male) the women ride a TTT in the loop from Bruges to Dudzele and back. Time to be taken on the second woman to finish.

That might be more interesting than I had thought.

Or have I misunderstood?

Yes, it's 2x 3-up TTTs, same format as Harrogate in 2019.

Reactions: Armchair cyclist

TRENDING THREADS