• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 11: Santarcangelo di Romagna – Reggio Emilia 203 km (Wednesday, May 18th)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sonny on the Rai
Clipboard.jpg

Would love to see Consonni pick up a win, such a hard working honest sprinter.
I think he's actually better after a hilly stage, when the pure sprinters are worn out. When both he a Viviani rode for Cofidis he actually outperformed the later when he was allowed to ride for himself in GTs, a podium in the 2020 Tour and a 4th place in the 2020 Giro and last year he scored a 2nd place (after the hard hilly stage that Bettiol won from the breakaway) and a 4th place at the Giro.
He should probably try to become more of a Trentin/Matthews type of rider, at least in my opinion.

I think he's actually better after a hilly stage, when the pure sprinters are worn out. When both he a Viviani rode for Cofidis he actually outperformed the later when he was allowed to ride for himself in GTs, a podium in the 2020 Tour and a 4th place in the 2020 Giro and last year he scored a 2nd place (after the hard hilly stage that Bettiol won from the breakaway) and a 4th place at the Giro.
He should probably try to become more of a Trentin/Matthews type of rider, at least in my opinion.
Can’t argue with that, he gets over the hills well enough that he’d make a good reduced bunch sprinter.

Dainese looking tired and somewhat bewildered by his win in his interview, hopefully he knows how to open a bottle correctly!

(Why don't they just put a towel over the cork and gently pull it out while opening the bottle, this should prevent any mishaps.)
Just point the cork away from your face and you should be fine.

Dainese still has a contract with DSM for 2023, time to give him the kind of train that they are usually wasting on Bol...

TRENDING THREADS