• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 14: Santena – Torino 147 km (Saturday, May 21st)

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Team. Bora was great. Hindley was strong but raced like prime Valverde. I hate it. Him soft pedaling in front of the group letting Carapaz increase the lead isn´t exactly supporting his case.
Sitting on Nibali´s wheel. Jumping up to Carapaz. Sitting on Carapaz wheel again. Waiting for Nibali and Yates to catch them.
First class wheel sucker. Not like this is the first time. Sitting behind Ineos leaders is his go to move.
Exactly. He should have done other things like lead out Nibali for 10km and then drop out the back in the final km after he completed his earnest work.

i think people are moving goal posts on what constitute wheelsucking, so let me educate you

when nibali attacks and doesnt ask hindley to pull, thats not wheelsucking, when hindley caught carapaz and rode his wheel for a while thats also not wheelsucking, when nibali attacked first on the last climb and hindley closed the gap thats not wheelsucking either

you are just mad that nibali messed up by attacking first, everyone who watches cycling for a while knows whoever attacks second has a huge advantage

thats cycling 101, thx for coming to my TED talk

i think people are moving goal posts on what constitute wheelsucking, so let me educate you

when nibali attacks and doesnt ask hindley to pull, thats not wheelsucking, when hindley caught carapaz and rode his wheel for a while thats also not wheelsucking, when nibali attacked first on the last climb and hindley closed the gap thats not wheelsucking either

you are just mad that nibali messed up by attacking first, everyone who watches cycling for a while knows whoever attacks second has a huge advantage

WOW! That was tongue in cheek right?

Thanks for the TED talk. Hope you feel a lot better now that you have explained how cycling actually works. Didn´t know that we have experts like you on this board.

Inferno di Torino! Both literally and figuratively.

What a stage. No big mountains are needed. It takes cyclists' will and up&down steep terrain (few flat kms) to make a great race. BORA absolutely shattered the peleton to pieces with 80 km to go! Other teams (esp. Ineos) showed a weakness there. Still, it looked like Billy the Kid can counter BORA and win when he attacked on Superga with 30 km to go. But no, Hindley and Nibali made a strong acceleration on Maddalena and cought him (and Yates did the same soon afterwards). I though Lo Squalo would make it on the last descent but unfortunately it wasn't to be. Yates attacked on the last small climb and increased his advantage on the descent achieving a win. What a shame that he was eliminated from the GC race. Almeida was hanging there and limited his losses. Piancavallo was no fluke, Hindley is very strong and can even topple Billy in the last week.

TRENDING THREADS