• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 19: Marano Lagunare – Santuario di Castelmonte 178 km (Friday, May 27th)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That last turn of Bouwman was a bit shady.
Yeah he totally cut off Schmid there, and caused the crash.

The stage went as expected. Carapaz still much more aggressive than Hindley. Seems like Jay knows something we don't. Anyway, I feel even as level-headed as Carapaz is he'll take a bigger dig tomorrow on Fedaia if he has the legs. Landa and Nibali still seem like our only chance of some legit action before then, plus they can both send some sentinels up the road.

Reactions: Fantastico
Can't agree with that win, you can't cut a corner like and then also admit you didn't know the corner was that sharp and so in your lack of knowldge cause you to enter the corner too fast and so take others out of the sprint for the actual line. The race is for the line, not the apex of the last corner imo.

Carapaz has looked better the past few stages, I thought Hindley was stronger throughout most of this race but Carapaz is gaining confidence and Hindley losing it a bit. Carapaz not afraid the past few stages
to waste a bunch of energy attacking in these places where he's almost certainly not gonna gain time on Hindley and not afraid of any counter attack.

I think he'll be aggressive tomorrow

I dont understand the whiners here. Complaining about everything. Have some patience ffs, the hard stages are yet to come and you will see all the exciting action you are craving,

A big shout out to my cugino Pippo. Excellent job directing the broadcast, and it is just your first year!!

Carapaz has looked better the past few stages, I thought Hindley was stronger throughout most of this race but Carapaz is gaining confidence and Hindley losing it a bit. Carapaz not afraid the past few stages
to waste a bunch of energy attacking in these places where he's almost certainly not gonna gain time on Hindley and not afraid of any counter attack.

Tomorrow is why today wasn’t raced, Landa will go all out and Hindley will try and counter, I do agree that Carapaz is looking better the last couple of days.

Can't agree with that win, you can't cut a corner like and then also admit you didn't know the corner was that sharp and so in your lack of knowldge cause you to enter the corner too fast and so take others out of the sprint for the actual line. The race is for the line, not the apex of the last corner imo.

Bouwman was in front & was carrying more speed.

Schmid is the one who made a mistake.

I think so yeah.

Another problem I see is that domestiques too weak to set the pace hard enough to be able to create gaps. This stop starting bs doesn't drop anyone.

TRENDING THREADS