• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 20: Belluno – Marmolada 168 km (Saturday, May 28th)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
While we still have time to fantasise before we are interrupted by grim reality, what do you imagine Bahrain's game plan is? It's a given that they want to win the stage with Landa, but with Novak up the road, they can move before Fedaia. A descent attack with Bilbao and Landa on Pordoi? Unfortunately I don't think Bilbao is strong enough to help Landa if they attack uphill. Maybe Bilbao will move on Pellegrino either uphill or downhill?

While we still have time to fantasise before we are interrupted by grim reality, what do you imagine Bahrain's game plan is? It's a given that they want to win the stage with Landa, but with Novak up the road, they can move before Fedaia. A descent attack with Bilbao and Landa on Pordoi? Unfortunately I don't think Bilbao is strong enough to help Landa if they attack uphill. Maybe Bilbao will move on Pellegrino either uphill or downhill?
I think Bilbao should move over the Pellegrino, just force action from Ineos. If he gets chased down, no bother, Novak still up the road.

The false flat before the steep in Fedaia would be very good for someone like Bilbao/Novak to help Landa, who should try to create a small group by the foot of that climb I think. If it doesn't work it doesn't work, if he's able to place hindley/carapaz on the limit pre Fedaia then he can take a lot out of them.

That said, it's all down to legs, really.

Reactions: Red Rick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts