• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 5: Catania – Messina 174 km (Wednesday, May 11th)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
8F1b0eX.png

Reactions: Sandisfan
That was a fabulous leadout and Demare sprinted nice and straight, too.
Ghirmay was boxed in, not the first time in this Giro, so maybe with experience he'll be able to create more space. Gaviria is getting closer.

I was hoping MvdP would involve himself in the action, but it looked to me as if he thought about trying to mix it up but realized there was little chance (or too much danger) so gave it a miss.

I wasn't surprised the more one-dimensional sprinters didn't make it over that climb. It wasn't insignificant.

TRENDING THREADS