• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 5: Catania – Messina 174 km (Wednesday, May 11th)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yep, Sinkeldam. Makes you wonder whether the normal order of their leadout has been wrong all these years.
When you watch the overhead you see Sctosson took the last corner so well that he got a big gap. So even though it looked like he didnt hit the front until 400m, Sinkledam basically pulls Demare to the front past 2 or 3 riders from 700m, and then leads out from 450m into a headwind.

Reactions: jmdirt
Did Ballerini come close to Groenewegining Biniam into the barriers there? Looked like he swerved directly towards him.
Ballerini went to the right of Demare to open his sprint, Bauhaus followed his wheel and bumped into Girmay who in my view made a bit of a desperate attempt to move up on the rightmost side of the road before the sprint starts proper. Like, it's to be expected that the guys ahead will move to the barrier when they open their sprint.

Yep, Sinkeldam. Makes you wonder whether the normal order of their leadout has been wrong all these years.
Imo loosing Cimolai was a bit hit for their sprint train. The guy sprints upright, with a huge gear and has a long sprint, perfect last man.
Guarnieri is good for doing the drity work (remember those pictures of him headbutting the Cofidis train when they still had Nacer?), but I think overall he's a bit overrated.

FDJ got their stage win in this Giro, it will be good for the moral and Demare will also feel less pressure.
With how bad Cav's climbing is atm it probably won't be the last time they manage to get rid of him early on. Stage 13 looks like it's perfect for that and I have my doubts that Cav will be around for the final week.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts