• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 8: Napoli – Napoli 153 km (Saturday, May 14th)

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
These last two breakaway stages have been incredible. Especially compared to all the awfully boring long, long solo wins from last year's Tour.

How people thought today's stage could have ever ended in a sprint, I will never know. Then again, somebody thought the same for last year's Worlds. I guess premature whining will never go out of fashion, unfortunately (I only whine maturely).

Which is why you don't open the finale from afar when outnumbered. It was up to the others to attack and get rid of him, not the other way.
Not arguing he was spotless. He raced in typical VdP fashion and payed for it.
But sooner or later he would have found himself in a difficult position anyway, having to cover most of the attacks and against 3 riders from Lotto.

Didn't catch today's stage, surprised to see De Gendt resurface, maybe there's still hope for Lotto's WT license after all with their upturn in both form and results lately - Ewan does still need to step up though. Also good (and equally surprising to me) to see Bardiani make an impact, the more competitive the wildcard teams are the better it is for the race.

Interesting that Howson lost 7 minutes today. Wonder is he hurt/I'll or was that on purpose. He had been up towards the GC contenders and felt like he'd have been a good option tomorrow to follow if other GC teams send their secondary options on the attack.

Great racing for a second day today. Hopefully the boring previous stages will fade away.
I still don't know how the two Lotto guys managed to sneak away from Girmay and MVDP.

FSvM1z7WQAI3Hjk

Reactions: JosefK

TRENDING THREADS