• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 8: Napoli – Napoli 153 km (Saturday, May 14th)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't think there's much of a chance for a sprint - if any. I think it'll be ridden like a classics; a break goes early and when we hit the circuit, at some point it's gonna be attacks galore with Van der Poel as the main protagonist. Girmay is the main challenger to Van der Poel, but I don't really see Demare, Nizzolo, Ballerini etc. challenge unless they're on an amazing day and join the attacks. Ewan and Gaviria has got no chance here imo. I hope I'm right because that would mean a much more entertaining day of cycling :D

I don't think there's much of a chance for a sprint - if any. I think it'll be ridden like a classics; a break goes early and when we hit the circuit, at some point it's gonna be attacks galore with Van der Poel as the main protagonist. Girmay is the main challenger to Van der Poel, but I don't really see Demare, Nizzolo, Ballerini etc. challenge unless they're on an amazing day and join the attacks. Ewan and Gaviria has got no chance here imo. I hope I'm right because that would mean a much more entertaining day of cycling :D

I agree about most except the part about Gaviria. He has been climbing very well so far.

Not sure about this stage but again think MVDP is too short in the betting. If it’s raced easy and Ewan, Cav, Demare aren’t dropped then MVDP has no chance.

If it’s raced hard then Girmay will still be there and he appears faster than MVDP (on a flat finish).

So MVDP goes in the break? In that scenario it’s still hard for him to win because no one will work with him.

I think Intermarche (a full team looking pretty strong) will chase the break, make the last 40km hard to try to get rid of Demare, and Girmay will take the win (which will also get him close in the points competition).

The fact that Blockhaus is tomorrow, where most of their team will ride with the grupetto, followed by a rest day, means they should bury themselves for Girmay today.

Most of us might get outsprinted by Formolo and outclimbed by Cavendish, but your average forum member would serve up a facial to your professional cyclist in a game of poetry slam.

There you are out on your own, not being shielded by the elements, without generous time limits to save them.

They haven't a hope to cope, they might ask the pope, and then after that just mope, or (clinic). Possibly team up with one of those Strade Bianche soaps, and elope.

Okay, TDG might survive.

Reactions: Jungle Cycle
On the circuit between Mount Procida and Lake Lucrino there's that small climb on the profile that's not mentioned and which apparently is 1km at 15%. Could be interesting.

Huh? Sounds too good to be true.

Probably a tunnel
No, hairpins.

ZmMcxBD.png

TRENDING THREADS