• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 9: Isernia – Blockhaus 189 km (Sunday, May 15th)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They are applying the 2-second rule now. 2 seconds of picture from the peloton where its impossible to actually get an impression of the bunch, then back to a completely doomed breakaway. Where the Maglia Rosa? Whos struggling? How does Carapaz look? Thats all the goddamn intrigue on this stage.
They are losing time on the break. Nobody of significance is dropping or struggling at this pace.

Exactly. Part of watching cycling is anticipation, see in the the course of this look narrative what will be the next plot development, and try to anticipate (or imagine) what will happen next. Sometimes nothing much happens, it’s true, but that’s part of the narrative too. If we just needed a report on what’s happening (a specific action) we could watch a ticker or wait for replay of highlights.
Yes.
Im gonna do something else and come back for the last 10 km. This is an absolutely useless spectacle to watch.

It's really frustrating. And I still don't understand the thinking behind it. I thought it's a one off thing, but it happens everyday now. Quick to lose appetite with this Giro like this, might switch to watching highlights
GC will always be the main attraction of every GT, and yet I haven't seen the main contenders for more than a few seconds a time after 9 stages. They must be allergic.

Reactions: gunara and Sciatic
The story to be told at this point is the fight for the GPM. The jersey changed because Rosa crossed the top first, so of course that is the most important development to show.

If the pace was furious behind and many riders dropped or suffered, that would be worth showing too, but that has not happened.
So youre actually defending a 95%-5% coverage in favor of the breakaway on a stage like this on Passo Lanciano?

TRENDING THREADS