• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2022 Tour de France Start List

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
9fe12df7d59fa8ffdd6b24301144e825951d2bf7.jpeg

Jungels, Naesen, Dewulf, Cosnefroy. All perfectly adequate classic riders

Yep. I'm guessing Dewulf is a bit stronger than GVA currently and more of a team player.

GVA mentioned that he almost finished OTL in last year's Tignes stage. Yeah, that was some hard racing in bad weather for a couple days, but still, GVA was among the worst performing riders in the whole peloton in that stage. And didn't have the form to do much in other stages, either.

He seems to be in worse shape now and is still first reserve.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
It was posted two weeks ago that Yates will not be starting the TDF - It's an uninspiring squad, although they should win stages - Would have thrown Groves into the squads as he can get over various terrains, however he's already had 46 race days - Janssen is so lucky to be in the squad - he's done nothing in two years, however he was OK at the Dauphine - I predict three stage wins.

• Wow
It was posted two weeks ago that Yates will not be starting the TDF - It's an uninspiring squad, although they should win stages - Would have thrown Groves into the squads as he can get over various terrains, however he's already had 46 race days - Janssen is so lucky to be in the squad - he's done nothing in two years, however he was OK at the Dauphine - I predict three stage wins.

I read that as it was uncertain if he would start, but they were hoping he'd be ready.

TRENDING THREADS