• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2022 Tour of Norway, 2.Pro - 24th to 29th May

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2022 Tour of Norway?

• Remco Evenepoel

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • Tobias Halland Johannesen

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Carl Fredrik Hagen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tao Geoghen Hart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ethan Hayter

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Esteban Chaves

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Gianluca Brambilla

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Cian Uitjdebroeks

• Other rider

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
giphy.gif
Good for you that you think you are funny. Can you repeat false statements again and again every time Evenepoel races?

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Best climbing performance for Evenepoel in a good while, the field isn't the strongest but he was still up against some of the best climbers in his age group so that's a good sign for him going forward. Johannessen evidently not at his Catalunya (or Bessèges, based on how much he lost to Vine by) level but I'll hold my hands up and admit he almost certainly wouldn't have been able to stay with him even in top form.

Best climbing performance for Evenepoel in a good while, the field isn't the strongest but he was still up against some of the best climbers in his age group so that's a good sign for him going forward. Johannessen evidently not at his Catalunya (or Bessèges, based on how much he lost to Vine by) level but I'll hold my hands up and admit he almost certainly wouldn't have been able to stay with him even in top form.
Well he did manage to outsprint 3-4 year younger Uijtdebroeks in the end. So there's that at least.

The hype around Chaves lacked credibility - Chaves could not ride the Giro because he was ill after the Tour of the Alps, so he was never gong to be a major factor in Norway - Plapp's climbing performances in 2022 have been pleasantly surprising - I already have Plapp pinned as the favorite for the 2023 TDU, unless O'Grady can convince Remco to come for the race.

TRENDING THREADS