• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2022 Tour of Norway, 2.Pro - 24th to 29th May

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2022 Tour of Norway?

• Remco Evenepoel

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • Tobias Halland Johannesen

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Carl Fredrik Hagen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tao Geoghen Hart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ethan Hayter

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Esteban Chaves

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Gianluca Brambilla

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Cian Uitjdebroeks

• Other rider

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just bring him to the Tour, he's so strong he can win sprints now, he would destroy Pog/Rog in that 40km TT if not before. This is next level Remco and not even his final form as he's only 22...

Don't think you can really consider this a sprint. (basically 3 people sprint where freshness can give the edge, and clearly Remco is easily the strongest here).

I would say, because he is 22 and is coming from a bad year, let him do the pre-defined course and preparations for his goals. Doing the Vuelta won't be easy at all.
Besides Pog in the tour is always another animal.. Uness it is 40km TT in the headwind, i don't think he would take significant time on pogacar in his 'tour' form. Don't think i have seen anything from Remco (now) that would indicate he can compete with a 'tour' form Pogacar. (Nobody can tbh)

Reactions: Big Doopie
Just bring him to the Tour, he's so strong he can win sprints now, he would destroy Pog/Rog in that 40km TT if not before. This is next level Remco and not even his final form as he's only 22...

no. Stick with plan.

this is the tour of Norway.

it is exciting to see. It feels like we are picking up where we left off when he somersaulted over that bridge. And THAT is a relief.

he may yet never develop into a GT winner, but he will be a consequential and endlessly exciting rider to watch.

Don't think you can really consider this a sprint. (basically 3 people sprint where freshness can give the edge, and clearly Remco is easily the strongest here).

I would say, because he is 22 and is coming from a bad year, let him do the pre-defined course and preparations for his goals. Doing the Vuelta won't be easy at all.
Besides Pog in the tour is always another animal.. Uness it is 40km TT in the headwind, i don't think he would take significant time on pogacar in his 'tour' form. Don't think i have seen anything from Remco (now) that would indicate he can compete with a 'tour' form Pogacar. (Nobody can tbh)
It was also a very fast run-in, which suits riders like Remco. Jan Ullrich once won a stage in the Vuelta in similar fashion, he went with some 500m to go to catch Santiago Blanco, who was alone in the lead, then Olano went around him, then Ullrich went around him again, to take the win.

Evenepoel said he spoke to Plapp after the race and Plapp told him he didn't do anything wrong. Plapp said he should have made sure to be first into the corner.

I still haven't seen any heli footage.
None needed, there’s nothing to see. Completely normal sprint. Someone threw up their arms so those looking for a problem react as if they’ve never been in a bike race.

You don’t win a sprint coming the long war around a guy in front of you accelerating out of a corner. Just physics. His line was completely fine.

TRENDING THREADS