• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2023 Giro D’Italia Route Rumors

are there any other famous climbs that have a 2nd side that's way less cool than the famous one? they did the shitty Zoncolan last year and this year the shitty Mortirolo. can they find a side of the Finestre that has no sterrato and only gets to like 7%? also what 20k, 5% MTF will they do in the third week?

They could do Finestre as a MTF from Sestrieres. No chance of using that as a pass, however

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
are there any other famous climbs that have a 2nd side that's way less cool than the famous one? they did the shitty Zoncolan last year and this year the shitty Mortirolo. can they find a side of the Finestre that has no sterrato and only gets to like 7%? also what 20k, 5% MTF will they do in the third week?
Well, there's FEDAIAAAAAAAA

There's got to be a crappier side of Monte Grappa they can use. Pennes South perhaps? Valcava East?

Says the woman who can barely finish watching one race before she turns to the next.

If two - or more - races are on at the same time, you just gotta do what you gotta do... I don't watch races a year ahead of time, obviously.
And yesterday, all six broadcast races weren't actually on at the same time.

Pretty much standard routine, as I'm sure you're aware of it.

And it never ceases to amuse me.

I don't mind climbing the Finestre descent, as long as they either take the Strada dell'Assieta or descend the usual dirt road

We clearly need to send tons of Emails to the tourist information of Sölden to sell them on the idea that an Ötztaler Ramarathon Granfodo stage is what they need to promote bike Tourism even more.
csm_hoehenprofil_oetztal_radmarathon_486e5d285c.jpg

In the real world the Monte Lussari MTT rumour from the Friuli region is still ongoing, but I believe it when I see it.

We clearly need to send tons of Emails to the tourist information of Sölden to sell them on the idea that an Ötztaler Ramarathon Granfodo stage is what they need to promote bike Tourism even more.
csm_hoehenprofil_oetztal_radmarathon_486e5d285c.jpg

In the real world the Monte Lussari MTT rumour from the Friuli region is still ongoing, but I believe it when I see it.
Add Rettenbachferner at the end to spice things up. Or even better, let them do the additional tunnel to Tiefenbachferner - as we learned in recent Giros, coverage of the GC group, be it because of weather or directors, is only semi-relevant anyway, might as well have them finish the last 1.7km through a tunnel.

Add Rettenbachferner at the end to spice things up. Or even better, let them do the additional tunnel to Tiefenbachferner - as we learned in recent Giros, coverage of the GC group, be it because of weather or directors, is only semi-relevant anyway, might as well have them finish the last 1.7km through a tunnel.
Tour de Suisse finished up at the Tiefenbach a couple years back and had no problem broadcasting from the tunnel, so in theory the same should be true for the Giro...

Reactions: Sandisfan
Depends if they want the Cima Coppi to be outside of Italy, which has only happened once (Großglockner, 1971). If they don't, there's always Hochsölden, which starts in more or less the same place, is steep enough to guarantee action of its own but short enough to not totally kill earlier action, especially if Rombo is the Cima Coppi which is obviously a possibility at >2500m.

Hochsolden.gif

TRENDING THREADS