• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2023 Giro d'Italia, Stage 7: Capua - Gran Sasso d'Italia (Campo Imperatore), 218 km (Friday, May 12)

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Blockhaus was absolute dogshit last year aswell.

It's a 3 week GT.

I've seen it all before & today's scenario was totally expected. Anyone attacking out of the bunch would have been mercilessly mowed down by the aero bullet from Schepdaal.

Rog with a nice little bit of wheelsucking at the end though. Easy peasy lemon squeezy & week 3 is where all the action will happen. We all knew that anyway.

Rog and JV said it was impossible to attack with strong head wind and cold. I guess others felt the same.

Roglič is saving his bullets.

I know this because it's exactly how he rode the Vuelta 2021. There were at least 2 MTF's in that Vuelta in week one where Rog just followed wheels & did absolutely nothing.

Back then people were also saying "oh wow what's up with Rogla"

The answer today is the same as it was 2 years ago: it's just not the right time to attack yet.

Blockhaus was absolute dogshit last year aswell.
But that was mainly because Bardet didn't realize how strong he was, while Carapaz & Landa already realized they weren't THAT strong.

If they had worked together it would have been fine enough still.

Blockhaus will deliver fully once, like in 2017, be fully pleasant once like in 2009 or be mediocre once like last year.

With Etna and Gran Sasso d'Italia the outcome is quite clear all the time.

Roglič is saving his bullets.

I know this because it's exactly how he rode the Vuelta 2021. There were at least 2 MTF's in that Vuelta in week one where Rog just followed wheels & did absolutely nothing.

Back then people were also saying "oh wow what's up with Rogla"

The answer today is the same as it was 2 years ago: it's just not the right time to attack yet.
Different situation, he was in 1st position during the first 10stages.

Reactions: Frobisher Bay

TRENDING THREADS