• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2024-26 Emerging Riders CQ game

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I guess the spread sheet is ready for publishing (no results in it yet. I have added a column for Skidmark (but not a row, it'll make sense to you when you see it) in the Team Similarity page. I haven't included his riders in the popularity stats: I will do if community opinion is to include his team fully. It will slightly change the Collective Wisdom team if I do.

For many years I kept a challenge between those entering at Cycling News and the VeloRooms teams, based on average scores: latterly I expanded that to include the amigos from Parlamento Ciclismo in the game. If you think that you could make any subset of players that has at least 5 members* that you would like to see represented (nationality? fans of a rider or team? real life profession?) to join in that little sidegame, let me know. As I typed that, the idea of a 100%ers category (starting their 11th participation in this game) occurred to me; I think we only have 4 rookies, but I'll check.

*In the absence of Comodoro and Ludwigzgz (I hope all is well with them), I will count myself as the 5th member of Equipo Parlamento to lift that team to the thresh-hold. I sometimes post there in rusty Spanish.

No points in it yet, but the spreadsheet is here, and should remain at the same location, so I won't copy the link every month.

*In the absence of Comodoro and Ludwigzgz (I hope all is well with them), I will count myself as the 5th member of Equipo Parlamento to lift that team to the thresh-hold. I sometimes post there in rusty Spanish.
Oh, didn't realised until now how few spaniards were this year... Only Jon, Josedin & myself repeating + Larry as a newcomer. That's underwhelming after trying to promote it in Parlamento :/

Anyhow, it is nice to have you in our team, sillonista :)

Sep 30, 2019
Visit site
I've added Skidmark's team to the spreadsheet, at the moment at the bottom of the table with the statistical teams so not included in the rankings. Votes for or against moving his team up into the rankings part of the table will be tallied on Sunday. If you have an opinion, post it in thread or by PM if you prefer it to be (almost) anonymous.

Ok to have Skidmark in, for me.

Now I regret even more not choosing Golliker :(

Maybe I should had made the move I fidgeted about and go full u23 as other years... We'll see if Vergallito+VDB+Berhe beat Golliker+Pescador+Magnier in 3 years... I think they'll score more this first year but in 3 season the younger guns cans surpass them.

I might have screw up severely with Magnier :/

Aaah, cool.
One more question; is it okay if I send a PM here, or do you prefer email (I don't have twitter)?
Is there even a point in sending in a team if I don't have twitter? (Other than for the rest of you being able to laugh at my lame team)

It's totally okay! Should have also noted that you don't have to own Twitter/X account to take part to this game. You can send me the team either here (PM), Twitter/X DM, or e-mail, all works. I'll add you in as 'RedheadDane' once you're ready with the team.

Last edited:
premerging riders?
Indeed, @LosBrolin is organising a really interesting game. Already 3rd edition :)

Tarling was in my 2022 junior team (the first edition) and then in my 23-25 emerging game, already paying off the first year.
With him there were also in both teams Herzog, Morgado & Christen, the latter two repeating this year in the 24-26 game.

And in this 24-26 game I've got another 3 riders that were in my 2023 junior team: Nordhagen, August & Bisiaux, so there are 5 junior graduate in the team. Storm (who was in both 2022 & 2023 junior teams) & Chamberlain were another 2 junior graduates in my 30 riders shortlist from which I made the 18 final selection.

And imo 2006 gen is crazy talented, and there are also some really good looking talents jumping from u17...

Reactions: LosBrolin
Nerurkar, Arrieta and Romeo all making their pickers feel they might have done something right.
Arrieta and Romeo doesnt strike me as "winners" though. Unsure what their ceiling is pointwise.

I feel like they more could become solid and reliable domestics for their leaders. Maybe they can rack up points in smaller races by being consistent and given opportunity to race for a result every once in awhile.

I think the good thing for those who picked them are that they at least doesnt look like complete duds. They may be able average 300-400 points or something, which wouldnt be terrible at all over three seasons.

Arrieta and Romeo doesnt strike me as "winners" though. Unsure what their ceiling is pointwise.

I feel like they more could become solid and reliable domestics for their leaders. Maybe they can rack up points in smaller races by being consistent and given opportunity to race for a result every once in awhile.

I think the good thing for those who picked them are that they at least doesnt look like complete duds. They may be able average 300-400 points or something, which wouldnt be terrible at all over three seasons.

Romeo did win that great l'Avenir stage last year. He might not go on to get a lot of pro victories, but he's had a decent start to this season. I would have kept him and Pelayo Sánchez in my team for this year, if I hadn't decided to keep the amount of non-Basque riders at a minimum.