• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2024 Giro d'Italia route rumours

Last year @Libertine Seguros got Fedaia. It was a tragedy.

This year @staubsauger got the 3 Merlons. It was a complete desaster.

Hopefully @Mayomaniac doesn't get Würzjoch / Passo Erbe. He might get heartbroken as well.
I'm convinced that RCS would always manage to use one of the less interesting sides anyway and not the one from Lüsen or Zwischenwasser/Longerü....

Campo Moro doesn't look good tbh. Fauniera sounds too good to happen.
Campo Moro is totally fine as a Bondone style big MTF the day before a real queenstage (maybe a Mortirolo stage). It's clearly not queenstage material, but something like it has a place in a gt.

My dream would be Livigno paying for a big mountain stage and an uphill finish on Passo d'Eira after Forcola di Livigno.
LivignoW.gif

If Rome hosts the final stage, they should do what someone here suggested a couple of years ago:

San Pellegrino in Alpe - Abetone finish on stage 19.
Montalcino sterrato stage on stage 20.
Additional wishes are at least two of these:

Mortirolo - Aprica
Finestre - Sestriere
Stelvio - Torri di Fraele
San Carlo - Courmayeur
Gavia - Bormio 2000 or Gavia - Foscagno - Eira/Livigno
Fedaia - Pordoi/Sella - Arabba/Selva in Gardena
Giao - Col Drusice/Falzarego
Sampeyre - Fauniera used in a constructive fashion

Reactions: Sandisfan
Campo Moro is totally fine as a Bondone style big MTF the day before a real queenstage (maybe a Mortirolo stage). It's clearly not queenstage material, but something like it has a place in a gt.

My dream would be Livigno paying for a big mountain stage and an uphill finish on Passo d'Eira after Forcola di Livigno.
LivignoW.gif
Way I see it Campo Moro is like chugging Rifugio Sapienza in week 3. I'm not in love with it.

I like the Livigno type sstages with Forcala or Foscagno. Maybe the 2005 Stelvio stage like concept is a bit too optimistic because the big climb comes so early. At this point I'd prefer Gavia-Bormio 2000 over Mortirolo simply because I haven't seen that side of Gavia since I didn't get to see it in the 2014 Giro.

But really after this Giro I just want the big stages without the big MTF and the first 12 stages to actually put in some good climbs and MTF.

I'll take any of Blockhaus/Lanciano, Monte Nerone/Petrano/Catria, Dragone, Amiata, Vesuvio, Gelbison, Serra del Tuono, Monte Stella, Terminillo/Valloni, Monte Beigua, Pradaccio, or just Unipuerto Tirreno MTF isn't even that bad if you don't have queen stages end with MTF.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS