• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2024 National Championships Overview Thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bora not letting their guys ride Tour Colombia allegedly, miserable stuff.
Don't know how much you can blame them really. Their first responsibility is to fill the roster for the races they are riding as a team and both of them are riding Murcia and Algarve instead.

It would be one thing if they just refused and the riders didn't have some place else to be. But pulling them because they are needed in other races is a valid excuse in my opinion.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Don't know how much you can blame them really. Their first responsibility is to fill the roster for the races they are riding as a team and both of them are riding Murcia and Algarve instead.

It would be one thing if they just refused and the riders didn't have some place else to be. But pulling them because they are needed in other races is a valid excuse in my opinion.
Of course is a valid excuse. having said that, nobody can tell me that it is better preparation for Higuita and DFM to go to those races as opposed to the Tour Colombia. I think there is a good gap when it comes to preparation. Additionally, in those races there is no obligation in having the maximum number of riders. Maybe they want to defend the title with DFM and wants him there.

Last edited:
Few hours before we start with the time trials in Timaru. Bennett, Currie, Gate, Pithie, Sexton, Reuben are competing.

Course: https://nz.mapometer.com/cycling/route_5484707.html
Finalised entry list: https://www.cyclingnewzealand.nz/as...ionships/2024/ERNC24-Entry-List-at-31-Jan.pdf

I saw earlier that they will be competing on an open road, "watch out trafic", Not sure if that's safe lmao.

Anyways, Currie favorite? Not sure what the conditions were but he was as a u23 riders way faster than the pros on the same parcours last year.

Reactions: Sandisfan