• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Let me introduce the first honorary member of this thread: CyclistAbi

So fond of the dot that he very often uses it mid-sentence and in controversial places to give his messages a certain erratically stylistic feel.

Sometimes you do get the sense that he must be afraid of the comma.

Did you completely change the purpose of this thread? Because, this thread has been totally purpose-driven so far!

You're making a point... get outta here!

You just made three!

This thread has always been about grammar.

Yep, right from the beginning...

It can't be true that this race does not have a thread!!!

But I don't know how to post images :(

Anyway:

Stage 1: Easy, no wind, in a forest, sprint.
Stage 2: Easy, no wind, not in a forest, southwards, sprint.
Stage 3 (ITT): Hard, ITT, flat, no wind, not sprint.
Stage 4: Very hard, no wind, very hilly, ending on a hill, 7.4 km, 5.9%, irregular, lots of hills throughout.
Stage 5: Easy, wind possible, looks foresty, probably no selection, sprint.
Stage 6: Quite hard, puncheur finish, quite a lot of altitude metres, wind unlikely to play a role.
Stage 7: The what has sadly become a mandatory feature of a MTF on Valdeblore - La Colmiane. Hopefully, it will not have a "the last live sport we are gonna see for months" vibe like last year.
Stage 8: Short, hard, no Col d'Èze, possible to stress a weak leader's team if you're Contador, not a sprint, de la Cruz is ready to take his third win here even if it ends with a descent.

Favourites:

**** * Roglic
*** Porte, Schachmann,
** Vlasov, I Izagirre, TGH, Gaudu, Hindley
* De la Cruz, Teuns, Bennett, Kruijswijk, Lutsenko, Dennis, G Martin, Benoot, Barguil, Latour.

No, it's not a coincidence that I have a gap between 5 and 3 stars.

Sprinters present: Bennett, Démare, Pedersen, Ackermann, Nizzolo, C Bol, Kristoff, Degenkolb, Matthews, Philipsen, EBH, Bauhaus, Laporte, Bouhanni, Coquard, Meeus, Danny van Poppel, Greipel, Groves.

I agree with those who say that the start list is slightly underwhelming.

Past winners (in the time I watched the race):
2020: Schachmann
2019: Bernal
2018: Soler (how!?!)
2017: Henao
2016: Thomas
2015: Porte
2014: Betancur
2013: Porte
2012: Wiggins
2011: T Martin
2010: Contador
2009: LL Sánchez
2008: Rebellin
2007: Contador

So, all in all, I checked the weather forecast, and sadly, it doesn't seem like we will get the crosswind action that we have gotten used to. But luckily, we have other races this year to accompony this race with!

:smilingimp:

• Angry
Reactions: tobydawq

TRENDING THREADS