• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So this is about our favourite sports moments now? Mine of course is Messi winning the world cup in 2014. :hearteyes: But close to it is when Germany decided to get rid of Löw shortly afterwards, because they knew he'd never reach those heights of a final again... I once woke up, embarrassed by Löw publicly sticking his finger in places where they don't belong (certainly not on TV), was so relieved in the morning that it had just been a dream... just like that fiasco at the WC 2018... yeah, I know, in the end it was Argentina vs. Germany again, but I really dreamed that Germany was last in a group with South Korea and Sweden...

Yeah, I remember the thrilling penalty shootout in that 2014 semifinal with Brazil. In the end, as it has been alway been with Germany and penalties the result was inevitable. Didn't buy Löw much extra time in the job though.

Reactions: BlueRoads
Favourite sports moments, or sports moments we wish had happened, I'm not so sure anymore.

Cant speak for others but I switched my biggest sport trauma for wished favourite sport moment :D This reminds me we never played against Finland because Demitra tied score against Canada in semifinals and we scored in overtime there. Oh boy so many ups and downs that tourney in Vancouver brought o_O

If we're talking about sports moments that made our lives, I can't move along without talking about this day.

The parade in the streets of Bilbao to cheer for Igor Anton's treble in the Vuelta'2010 (that final climb to Peña Cabarga, what an attack), Giro '2011 and Tour '2011. Joyful moments.

igor_anton_vuelta_espana_et19_g_2011_sirotti.jpg

If we're talking about sports moments that made our lives, I can't move along without talking about this day.

The parade in the streets of Bilbao to cheer for Igor Anton's treble in the Vuelta'2010 (that final climb to Peña Cabarga, what an attack), Giro '2011 and Tour '2011. Joyful moments.

I obviously remember him winning the 2010 Vuelta. The other two have slipped my mind for some reason.

Here you can also see Messi in the last Copa America, embracing and comforting Gary Medel, who can't hide the pain of losing the final against Argentina for the third time.

213580_bigpicture_58966_fus_copa_america_spiel_platz_3_messi_rot_body_r.jpg

Here you can see him in the tournament before, deeply moved in front of the trophy they won:

images

Thinking of deeply moved winners I remember this moment, when the overwhelmed Alina Reh had to sit down for a moment after breaking her next 10,000m record in the athletics WC in Doha:

1320x742

Tommy V won the Tour in 2011 I thought. With Johnny H taking the Polka-dots

Here you can also see Messi in the last Copa America, embracing and comforting Gary Medel, who can't hide the pain of losing the final against Argentina for the third time.

213580_bigpicture_58966_fus_copa_america_spiel_platz_3_messi_rot_body_r.jpg

Here you can see him in the tournament before, deeply moved in front of the trophy they won:

images

You'll probably have to come here again tomorrow to relive the spectacular comeback against PSG tonight with at least 4 goals by Messi! Although I really hope it won't have to be in this thread. :sweat:

• Love
Reactions: BlueRoads

TRENDING THREADS