• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

36th Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartali; 23rd to 27th of March 2021

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yep... hyped for the young guns... but bummed we probably won't be able to see this on tv (or anywhere). Van Wilder will come in with only one and a half a racedays thanks to DSM's grandiose planning. So i don't know if he'll be up there already. If he had done Var and Provence like he was supposed to, i'd have put him among the GC favorites. Now i don't really know.

I would also imagine Foss would like to show himself and make a statement in this line-up with a few of the much younger guys that he beat in l'Avenir 2 years ago, like Vansevenant, Van Wilder and Jorgenson. My guess would be a few of those guys have already eclipsed old man Foss. Also interested in seeing Brenner, Tiberi, Ayuso, Vandenabeele, Fancellu, Vermaerke, Alba, Rubio and Leemreize and see how they stack up. I'm probably forgetting a few.
Davide Rebellin:cool:

it's a race I personally always particularly liked for the odd podium gifts, by the way:

3j52Ioe.jpg

ja6YLZC.jpg

PLBNYuV.jpg

I'm afraid that mortadella company is not a race sponsor anymore, though.
I remember mortadellas given as trophies also at a fall race a couple of years ago (maybe Emila or Beghelli).

Anyway also Tour de Suisse favour a lot "gastronomic" trophies.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Vingegaard with a nice opportunity of winning his first stage race as a pro. Should be one of the best climbers in the race, the punchy stages should suit him well as seen by his performances in Tour de Pologne and Tour of Denmark and he did a very, very decent tt in UAE a month ago. The only problem is that he has yet to show the consistency required to contend for gc.

Vingegaard with a nice opportunity of winning his first stage race as a pro. Should be one of the best climbers in the race, the punchy stages should suit him well as seen by his performances in Tour de Pologne and Tour of Denmark and he did a very, very decent tt in UAE a month ago. The only problem is that he has yet to show the consistency required to contend for gc.
Plenty of young promising climbers present though. The TTT could be a deciding factor as well.

Ouch, poor Mark. Ofc Kuba is really fast after an easy stage, but I granted Cave the win.
Jakub probably has the 2nd best acceleration behind Ewan, but he lacks everything else. Not great at positioning himself, can't climb to save his life and his attitude doesn't do him any favours. If it's in a smaller race without many big sprint trains he can give most guys a run for their money and Vini-Zabu actually did pretty well by signing a rouleur with a good sprint like Gradek alongside him to improve his sprint train. Cav did rather well in that smaller race in Belgium where he finished 2nd behind Melier, so he's not totally washed up.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS