• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

36th Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartali; 23rd to 27th of March 2021

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Amazing time by DQT considering they only started with 5 guys as opposed to other teams starting with 7.

Really disappointing time by DSM, who did start with 7 guys, of which a few good yet young TT'ers.
Both Vermaerke and Brenner appeared to have crashed in the morning stage though. And Van Wilder, Hayter and Brenner are good ITT prospects but also very young. And the others are hardly assets against the engines other teams have. Placing is bad, time is decent enough I think.

Both Vermaerke and Brenner appeared to have crashed in the morning stage though. And Van Wilder, Hayter and Brenner are good ITT prospects but also very young. And the others are hardly assets against the engines other teams have. Placing is bad, time is decent enough I think.
I feel 3 seconds per km is a lot. Especially compared to a team like DQT, who came 2 guys short, and Vansevenant isn't exactly a TT powerhouse either.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I feel 3 seconds per km is a lot. Especially compared to a team like DQT, who came 2 guys short, and Vansevenant isn't exactly a TT powerhouse either.
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. Still, without knowing the extent of the crash and with keeping in mind that they're a mixed team, thus not as well composed as other teams it's okay I think.

And even having to single out a rider like Vansevenant, in his current shape, as the bad link in DQS TTT unit says it all :D

Shame about Hessmann, hopefully nothing serious.

Amazing time by DQT considering they only started with 5 guys as opposed to other teams starting with 7.

Really disappointing time by DSM, who did start with 7 guys, of which a few good yet young TT'ers.
Some of the other teams only started with 6 guys.
Bike Exchange lost Zeits because of a crash on stage 1a and Moscon DNS the first stage because he's still recovering from his broken wrist.

He is really not a gifted TT rider, regardless of his form. So when you only start with 5, and one of those is Vansevenant, i think that was a stellar performance of the team.

Look, there is no way of knowing that about a 21 year-old who has only ridden one single ITT as a pro...

And in addition, explosivity and anaerobic power is often more important in such a short TTT than real ITT skills.

No. When Schachmann rides his head swings from side to side. When Vansevenant rides every body part moves in another direction. That said i agree with your point, the general style doesn't always tell how good someone is at tts.

I did say "a bit".

Also, Froome wasn't exactly renowned for keeping his head still in the mountains, yet that didn't prevent him from being awesome on a TT bike. I guess it is a bit easier to keep your figure still in the TT position when you go full.

11:21 Friends who are passionate about cycling, good morning to you all. The second stage of the race dedicated to the two great challengers of Italian cycling is taking place today, an interesting day that includes the demanding circuit of Sogliano al Rubicone

The riders have just started the transfer, but there is no Vendrame in the group today, who crashed yesterday

11:28 There are therefore 166 riders still in the race today, with the official start being given at this moment

11:37 Six riders were able to start immediately, with the group not reacting

11:38 Petrucci (CPK) among the forwards, whose composition has yet to be confirmed

The peloton is already 2'37 "behind

ugh, text is not selectable, this is too cumbersome. You can find Italian updates here:

Isn't his style on a climb a bit like Schachmann's? Who is a very good TT rider.
Schachmann doesn't ride his TT bike the way he climbs, and he just bobs his head. Vansevenant's style is all over the place. Bobbing left to right, working his bike, turning too big a gear, very often his arms are not in the aerobars when they should...

Reactions: Broccolidwarf

TRENDING THREADS