• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

36th Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartali; 23rd to 27th of March 2021

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jumbo's team is actually not very strong. Apart from Vingegaard it's four development riders and Gijs Leemreize, who has been promoted to the WT team this season. They should probably have put them under more pressure yesterday instead.
Yep, I concur with this but perhaps it's not too late.
I believe Ineos started the race aiming to attack with different riders in these hilly stages, but crashes left them with Hayter as their best option for the overall win (Dunbar and Rodriguez DNF, while Sosa is hurt).

60 km to go and gap still around 2'30". TBE helping with the chase now.

Yep, I concur with this but perhaps it's not too late.
I believe Ineos started the race aiming to attack with different riders in these hilly stages, but crashes left them with Hayter as their best option for the overall win (Dunbar and Rodriguez DNF, while Sosa is hurt).

60 km to go and gap still around 2'30". TBE helping with the chase now.

Both INEOS (so they only have three riders left now?) and DQS, who started with only five riders, have definitely been hampered by that. Trek didn't have a very strong leader, so they have attacked every day, but without succes. Israel and TBE look strong on paper, so it's quite lucky for Jumbo that only one of them has a rider in the break. But with Honoré and Jorgenson up there as well, Israel, INEOS and Astana will also have to fight for podium spots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
To be fair, i've seen Jorgenson is not a consistent rider on numerous occasions, remember his complete bonk in the Tour de l'Avenir for instance. He was fighting for a podium spot and suddenly completely parked his bike. For me he was a surprise in Paris Nice, for being so consistent. Maybe that was he surprise, and not his effort this week.

• Wow
Jorgenson, Fancellu and Carboni have been caught. Gap is 1'10" with 25 km to go.
Fancellu has crashed a few minutes after being caught by the peloton.

So many crashes in this race. The three Ineos riders, Rebellin, Felline, Umba, Rivera all abandoned because of crashes. And there's probably more I'm forgetting.
Vendrame and the youngster Milesi also crashed, it feels like half of the riders had to abbandon the race because of crashes.

Last edited:
  • Sad

TRENDING THREADS