• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

37th Vuelta a San Juan Internacional (2.1)

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Stage
Clipboard.gif

GC
GC.gif

JosephK said:
Remco still impressive in pulling the peloton. I wonder if altitude might have been a factor for the QS riders at this stage of the season (i.e., early). In any event, great job by Moviestar.

I think the crosswinds, the lack of gradient, and the missing teammates made for poor conditions for DQS. Too easy to breakaway there’s no way for QS defend against the attacks let alone do it with a 19 year old.

Can see Remco as a ridiculously powerful train puller at the TDF in the future, but he needs to work on an intensive plyometric program to build up his acceleration and explosiveness.

TRENDING THREADS