• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

39th Clasica Ciclista San Sebastian (1.UWT)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Orbit501 said:
I wonder how well Madouas will go. A good result here would give the team a much needed boost after sad ending to TdF.

Also curious about Evenepoel. Alaphillipe already out and there seems a bit of uncertainty over Mas at the moment. Must have been ill in early stages of TdF?

Curiosity answered I think.

What a win! Glad he managed to drop all his bottles off before attacking :lol:

We could be witnessing a memorable season for the birth of legends here. Three of them!

Re: Re:

Orbit501 said:
Orbit501 said:
I wonder how well Madouas will go. A good result here would give the team a much needed boost after sad ending to TdF.

Also curious about Evenepoel. Alaphillipe already out and there seems a bit of uncertainty over Mas at the moment. Must have been ill in early stages of TdF?

We could be witnessing a memorable season for the birth of legends here. Three of them!

5?

Bernal, Evenepoel, Pogacar, Van Aert, Van der Poel

rghysens said:
Orbit501 said:
Orbit501 said:

5?

I'll give you that. Apologies, I'm a little bit fixated on one day races :D

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site

Orbit501 said:
rghysens said:
Orbit501 said:
Orbit501 said:

5?

I'll give you that. Apologies, I'm a little bit fixated on one day races :D

Also Hirschi was quite good this year and especially here.

That made no sense. Dropped, attacked on the flat and then winning with a huge advantage (advantage usually is 20s in San Sebastian even with the best puncheurs getting away)..

His power on the flat parts in between climbs especially is what impressing me. On the climbs itself he's still not there, but who cares if you can destroy a chasing pack that way...

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
That made no sense. Dropped, attacked on the flat and then winning with a huge advantage (advantage usually is 20s in San Sebastian even with the best puncheurs getting away)..

His power on the flat parts in between climbs especially is what impressing me. On the climbs itself he's still not there, but who cares if you can destroy a chasing pack that way...

He only lost about 10 seconds on the climb though

It was a typical DQSt moment to attack, between the last two climbs. However when he got away I thought Movistar and Astana were going to give him 10-20 seconds and take him back on the climb. They didn't think he would power through all the way to the finish.

A young generation is taking over swiftly and they're not afraid to attack. Good, because we've seen way too much passive racing in the past ten years. Let the young guns shoot!

Apparently it wasn't a bad moment that made him drop on that penultimate climb, which of course makes sense if you know what happened later in the race.

Stating that he still isn't there on climbs after this final is quite nonsense of course. He powered up the Murgil in extraordinary fashion.

Re:

Wvv said:
Apparently it wasn't a bad moment that made him drop on that penultimate climb, which of course makes sense if you know what happened later in the race.

Stating that he still isn't there on climbs after this final is quite nonsense of course. He powered up the Murgil in extraordinary fashion.

Yeah, how could a rider of his talent not increase his lead on the climb. Pathetic. :lol:

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Valverde looked second rate after team rode all day for him

I'm still of the opinion that Valverde has lost a lot of the hunger and desire he had when he won the Worlds. He's admitted he's lost some of it as he said wearing that jersey he feels like he's already won the race before the race even starts and that he's much more relaxed.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Valverde looked second rate after team rode all day for him

Whilst he was not able to make the difference you have to give him credit for being the only top ten GC finisher in the tour to come to San Seb and back up for another top 10. The others who rode like Landa, Alaphilippe and Bernal were not remotely a factor today.

TRENDING THREADS