• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

4 Jours de Dunkerque/GP Hauts De France 2022 , 5/3-5/8

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That Tesson guy btw is actually even better than I thought.
WT teams are allowed to sign continental riders mid-season, right? Surprised that none of the teams fighting relegation have snapped him up (or any of the better Gazprom riders for that matter), after the French teams didn't go for him in the winter either. Or does he have some clinic issues I don't know of?

Also good to see Gilbert winning again, been a shame to see someone of his stature going out with a whimper so would be great for him and Lotto to find one last spark in these final months.

So Tesson got a 40" time penalty? I am somewhat ok with it. The way he came back to the bunch after his flat/crash was probably a bit too much, but also no reason to take him completely out of the race for doing something that basically everyone does or atleast tries after some bad luck.

I am really impressed by him tho. I'm assuming the big french teams are all going to be fighting over him after this week.

So Tesson got a 40" time penalty? I am somewhat ok with it. The way he came back to the bunch after his flat/crash was probably a bit too much, but also no reason to take him completely out of the race for doing something that basically everyone does or atleast tries after some bad luck.

I am really impressed by him tho. I'm assuming the big french teams are all going to be fighting over him after this week.

Yeah, it was blatant.

But considering what Navarro got away with in Asturias.....

WT teams are allowed to sign continental riders mid-season, right? Surprised that none of the teams fighting relegation have snapped him up (or any of the better Gazprom riders for that matter), after the French teams didn't go for him in the winter either. Or does he have some clinic issues I don't know of?

Also good to see Gilbert winning again, been a shame to see someone of his stature going out with a whimper so would be great for him and Lotto to find one last spark in these final months.

Don‘t know of any clinic issues regarding Tesson. In cycling, anyways, that normally is no problem (new team boss and directeur sportif just would advice one to be more careful with ‚hot sauce‘ in future).

Tesson had really good results already; now - better late than never - it‘s time to him to join a WT team.

Maybe there have been reasons which I don‘t know that made WT teams not sign him. Normally, the good ones get their contracts. Justin Jules few years ago was a rider who had these really nice results, but never made WT - probably because of this case when he killed his step father aged 18 or so… But that‘s rather rare…

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Gilbert had a lot of health problems the last seasons. This season, was there a lingering bronchitis. He could ride a bike and even compete. But he couldn't go deep in recent months, especially uphill. Things have been going in the right direction for a few weeks now. Immediately with results. With his favorite finish, a sprint uphill. Of course, against a less strong field of participants. But Gilbert will be 40 in two months

Tesson very soon will ride WT. Should have been the case already after last season.

He‘s super good, and now needs to be developed into a winner of the biggest races.

The guy seems to have potential, but I wouldn't label him as "super good" and a potential winner of the biggest races as of now. At the moment he has looked good against low quality competition.

TRENDING THREADS