• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

42nd Vuelta a Burgos (2.PRO) // July 28th - August 1st 2020

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If somebody had told me at the beginning of the race that there would be no Movistar in the top ten I would have lost that bet.

I assume Movistar is aiming for the future with Valverde...

If somebody had told me at the beginning of the race that there would be no Movistar in the top ten I would have lost that bet.

I assume Movistar is aiming for the future with Valverde...

In 2040, they'll regard "making Valverde feel old" as one of Evenepoels top 5 accomplishments.

hfZ2CCRAd3CjCcJATa4p2S-650-80.jpg

I was just making a little joke about this pic. Don't read too much into it

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Just watch the final climb now, he just destroyed everyone, it was really amazing, better than what I expected in a climb with this gradient but let's see what will happen in the high mountains.

Great to see Chaves back at a high level and Almeida will be a key domestique for Evenepoel in the next years.

Reactions: Big Doopie
Just watch the final climb now, he just destroyed everyone, it was really amazing, better than what I expected in a climb with this gradient but let's see what will happen in the high mountains.

Great to see Chaves back at a high level and Almeida will be a key domestique for Evenepoel in the next years.

Actually if Almeida goes on like this I'm not sure he wants to be a domestique for Evenepoel for very long.

Some sobering results for Soler, O'Connor, Mas, Gaudu, Kuss, Sosa, Majka...
Also expected a bit more from Valter, Hailemichael, though they are still very young and might not have dealt with the crosswinds that well.
Re Majka, it looks like BORA invested too much into the crosswind situation. Majka, Großschartner, Kämna all were in the first echelon riding really hard. It looked like Bennett and Evenepoel for example were quite well sheltered compared to them. Could also be a reason for the slightly sub-par performance of Carapaz.

Re Majka, it looks like BORA invested too much into the crosswind situation. Majka, Großschartner, Kämna all were in the first echelon riding really hard. It looked like Bennett and Evenepoel for example were quite well sheltered compared to them. Could also be a reason for the slightly sub-par performance of Carapaz.
Yeah, totally. Normally also Großschartner is not nearly as early dropped on a finish like this as he was today.

TRENDING THREADS