• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

42nd Vuelta a Burgos (2.PRO) // July 28th - August 1st 2020

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.gif

GC
GC.gif

Bennett must have the biggest collection of solo wins of any bunch sprinter who isn’t also a top classics rider.

He probably looked at those last couple of corners at the finish and figured "the best way to win here is to be alone through the chicane." Once he had the gap, he must've known he was gone.

Funny enough, if it was 1 or 2% steeper, it would've looked like a classic Dan Martin finish.

Wonder how good he can do in the points classification in the TdF. He could be an outsider for the green jersey.
Bennett's never really shown an appetite for going for jerseys, as much as just going for stage wins. And I can't see Quickstep changing that; Lefevere likes to see his guys crossing the line with their arms in the air, which you don't do at intermediate sprints, which is where Sagan always pads out his lead.

• Haha
Reactions: Bonimenier
I wonder how this will play out. The final climb is supposedly easier to control, and less extreme than thursday. Still, 18 seconds isn't a lot, and with Landa, Chavez still within range, i can't imagine nothing happening. Will Almeida have to set a fixed tempo, react to attacks or maybe he could go in the attack himself and put the other teams on the back foot?

EeSYVthWAAEhvIw

I wonder how this will play out. The final climb is supposedly easier to control, and less extreme than thursday. Still, 18 seconds isn't a lot, and with Landa, Chavez still within range, i can't imagine nothing happening. Will Almeida have to set a fixed tempo, react to attacks or maybe he could go in the attack himself and put the other teams on the back foot?

EeSYVthWAAEhvIw

Sam to lead out Remco up the climb for another DQ win :)

Last edited:
I still dont really understand what happened and why Sam went so early as it looked like he had 2 leadouts but amazing attack from a sprinter so I aint complaining
Morkov (his leadout) and other riders crashed and after that a lot of riders were held up and the surviving riders hesitated. There was noone to make the tempo and Bennett knows he has one of the best long kicks on such a finsish.

TRENDING THREADS