• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

53rd Tour des Alpes Maritimes et du Var (2.1) // 19th of February - 21st of February 2021

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oh, i look forward to seeing Brenner and Vandenabeele in Ronde and Giro then!

It's also the first time i've heard of Sarthe as being "a season goal" for Van Wilder. Brabantse Pijl however, was one, and that starts only a few days after Sarthe was supposed to finish.
I mean it doesn't fully make sense but I presume it's pretty hard to get racing for the whole team atm with races being cancelled etc. We don't fully know the programes, shapes and goals of the riders and teams so I think it's a bit harsh to criticise them for (not) bringing rider xyz to race xyz. Brenner or Vandenabeele, as you pointed out, are never going to ride the Giro. But they could be part of the team in the build-up races.

It sounded more like Sarthe was A goal, like an early leadership opportunity for van Wilder, rather then being a season highlight. Think Ardennes will be his first goal now.

I mean it doesn't fully make sense but I presume it's pretty hard to get racing for the whole team atm with races being cancelled etc. We don't fully know the programes, shapes and goals of the riders and teams so I think it's a bit harsh to criticise them for (not) bringing rider xyz to race xyz. Brenner or Vandenabeele, as you pointed out, are never going to ride the Giro. But they could be part of the team in the build-up races.

It sounded more like Sarthe was A goal, like an early leadership opportunity for van Wilder, rather then being a season highlight. Think Ardennes will be his first goal now.

But Vandenabeele and Heinschke aren't even on the professional team. It seems quite weird to me not to field seven pros in this race considering how few racing opportunities there are currently.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Top ten. 4 x FDJ!
1 MOLLEMA Bauke TREK - SEGAFREDO
2 VAN AVERMAET Greg AG2R CITROEN TEAM
3 MADOUAS Valentin GROUPAMA - FDJ
4 WOODS Michael ISRAEL START-UP NATION
5 CICCONE Giulio TREK - SEGAFREDO
6 GODON Dorian AG2R CITROEN TEAM
7 MOLARD Rudy GROUPAMA - FDJ
8 HERRADA Jesus COFIDIS
9 PINOT Thibaut GROUPAMA - FDJ