• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

57th De Brabantse Pijl, 12th April (1.HC, 197km)

de-brabantse-pijl-la-feche-brabanconne-2017-1491475040.png

2uotlhu.png

Competing teams

Quick-Step Floors (Gilbert, Vakoc, Mas)
Bahrain Merida Pro Cycling Team (Gasparotto, Colbrelli)
BMC Racing Team (Hermans, Dillier)
Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling Team (Clarke, Bettiol)
Lotto Soudal (Wellens, Vanendert)
ORICA-Scott (Gerrans, Haig)
Dimension Data (Haas, Sbaragli)
Team LottoNL-Jumbo (Martens, Lobato)
Team Sunweb (Matthews, Geschke)
Aqua Blue Sport (Nordhaug, Blythe)
Bardiani - CSF (Barbin, Rota)
CCC Sprandi Polkowice (Ponzi, Paterski)
Cofidis, Solutions Cr�dits (van Staeyen, Maté)
Direct Energie (Coquard, Hivert)
Fortuneo - Vital Concept (Bouet, Vachon)
Gazprom-RusVelo (Tsatevich, Trusov)
Israel Cycling Academy (Boivin, Dempster)
Manzana Postobon (Bol, Paredes)
Roompot - Nederlandse Loterij (Ligthart, van der Lijke)
Sport Vlaanderen - Baloise (Deltombe, Sprengers)
Team Novo Nordisk (Megias, Verschoor)
Verandas Willems-Crelan (Devolder, Dupont)
Wanty - Groupe Gobert (van Keirsbulck, Baugnies)
WB Veranclassic Aqua Protect (Vantomme, Ista)

Official Website: http://www.debrabantsepijl.be/
Follow the race on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DeBrabantsePijl

Startlist is still provisional. If there's any other info that you guys want in the OP just tell me and I'll gladly add it.

SafeBet said:
de-brabantse-pijl-la-feche-brabanconne-2017-1491475040.png

2uotlhu.png

Competing teams

Quick-Step Floors (Gilbert, Vakoc, Mas)
Bahrain Merida Pro Cycling Team (Gasparotto, Colbrelli)
BMC Racing Team (Hermans, Dillier)
Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling Team (Clarke, Bettiol)
Lotto Soudal (Wellens, Vanendert)
ORICA-Scott (Gerrans, Haig)
Dimension Data (Haas, Sbaragli)
Team LottoNL-Jumbo (Martens, Lobato)
Team Sunweb (Matthews, Geschke)
Aqua Blue Sport (Nordhaug, Blythe)
Bardiani - CSF (Barbin, Rota)
CCC Sprandi Polkowice (Ponzi, Paterski)
Cofidis, Solutions Cr�dits (van Staeyen, Maté)
Direct Energie (Coquard, Hivert)
Fortuneo - Vital Concept (Bouet, Vachon)
Gazprom-RusVelo (Tsatevich, Trusov)
Israel Cycling Academy (Boivin, Dempster)
Manzana Postobon (Bol, Paredes)
Roompot - Nederlandse Loterij (Ligthart, van der Lijke)
Sport Vlaanderen - Baloise (Deltombe, Sprengers)
Team Novo Nordisk (Megias, Verschoor)
Verandas Willems-Crelan (Devolder, Dupont)
Wanty - Groupe Gobert (van Keirsbulck, Baugnies)
WB Veranclassic Aqua Protect (Vantomme, Ista)

Official Website: http://www.debrabantsepijl.be/
Follow the race on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DeBrabantsePijl

Startlist is still provisional. If there's any other info that you guys want in the OP just tell me and I'll gladly add it.

I really like this race. I still remember Sagan winning here in 2013. Closing several attacks by himself, especially the one of GVA and then beating Gilbert on the line. It was brutal. Till RVV 2016 I considered this as his strongest performance.

Looking at this finish you finally understand how GVA was improved last 4 years. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd1BsqiL1js

SKSemtex said:
I really like this race. I still remember Sagan winning here in 2013. Closing several attacks by himself, especially the one of GVA and then beating Gilbert on the line. It was brutal. Till RVV 2016 I considered this as his strongest performance.

Yes, that was nothing short of insane. Some of my favourite final few kilometres ever.

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
tobydawq said:
SKSemtex said:

Yes, that was nothing short of insane. Some of my favourite final few kilometres ever.

Wasn't that the race were he had to win in order to prove he could behave on the podium? :)

I guess a podium spot would have been sufficient. But yes, it was his first race after that incident.

But how he was toying with GvA and Gilbert back then. It's quite strange that they are so much closer to each another now, level-wise, considering how much younger Sagan is.

Re:

tobydawq said:
I guess a podium spot would have been sufficient. But yes, it was his first race after that incident.

But how he was toying with GvA and Gilbert back then. It's quite strange that they are so much closer to each another now, level-wise, considering how much younger Sagan is.

If just sagan could still improve with the age like GVA :D . But we all know it is not possible.

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

SKSemtex said:
tobydawq said:

If just sagan could still improve with the age like GVA :D . But we all know it is not possible.

Hey Gilbert's done it too, why can't Sagan? Though this conversation probably belongs in another section of the forum ;)

Re: Re:

trucido said:
SKSemtex said:
tobydawq said:

Hey Gilbert's done it too, why can't Sagan? Though this conversation probably belongs in another section of the forum ;)

Sagan appeared much stronger on his U23 age compared to Gilbert. And usually, riders that achieve higher levels of their physical capacity in their youth have little room to improve compared to riders who show talent but aren't so dominant.

Sagan always seemed more matured physically in 2013 compared to Gilbert in 2005.

Re:

El Pistolero said:
This race should be WT, always a fun one. Hopefully Gilbert can blow this race apart, maybe together with Wellens.
I think it's good to have some good races that are outside of WT. Not that many of them left since Strade Bianche and Omloop got promoted this year.

Interestingly, Cannondale named Bettion and Van Asbroeck as their leaders for this race. I would think that it's too hard for Tom and riders like Clarke, Howes or Skujins would have a better chance for a good result.
I still remember when they once said that Cardoso was going to be their leader in Catalunya when the route didn't suit him at all and he ended up being 4th or 5th best classified rider from the team. :lol: