• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

58th Trofeo Laigueglia(1.Pro) - Laigueglia › Laigueglia (202k) - 3/3

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So Ghirmay still finished 2nd in the sprint for the 8th place after being on the attack early on? That's a good result, he could do well in some of the smaller French one day races and as a stagehunter. The same could be said for Vendrame, I hope they send him to the Ardennes.

Reactions: Sandisfan
So Bagioli hype can die softly now. Restart the TGBM hype instead.

I also don't agree with the view that Mollema is a 'clumsy' rider. I mean hasn't he been virtually up there in one day races + gts for years now? He's just good at reading the race and picking the right moment to attack the last few years. That's what won him San Sebastian, the Tour stage and Lombardy.. and also races like this one and Japan Cup etc..
He's not the rider to drop all big names on one ascent. But he's the rider just behind who bides his time and picks the right time. And he can solo a bit so that helps.

he started cycling at a very late age so it's not strange he is still improving at older age either

I also don't agree with the view that Mollema is a 'clumsy' rider. I mean hasn't he been virtually up there in one day races + gts for years now? He's just good at reading the race and picking the right moment to attack the last few years. That's what won him San Sebastian, the Tour stage and Lombardy.. and also races like this one and Japan Cup etc..
He's not the rider to drop all big names on one ascent. But he's the rider just behind who bides his time and picks the right time. And he can solo a bit so that helps.

he started cycling at a very late age so it's not strange he is still improving at older age either
Bagioli crashed to be fair (as did Kwiatkowski). But I agree that TGBM deserves more attention, and I think he will be really dangerous for the Olympic Games.

• Wow
Bagioli after the crash.

67e13906-7c3b-11eb-b07d-02b7b76bf47f.jpg

Actually very interesting route, it is just litlle bit too hard for puncheurs to fight for a win, and for pure climbers the climbing efforts might be little bit too short. But would love to see Pogačar here, I think he'd be flying on such a course in finale.

We will always be left to wonder how he would have finished on that Ventoux stage if he hadn’t crashed headfirst into the camera moto :(

• Wow

I agree. He’s a rider who has really improved over his career at the mental side of the sport. I’ve been cheering for him for a long time and he used to be extremely frustrating in his inability to convert frequent good placings into wins. There were just lots and lots of missed opportunities when he was younger. At this point, he’s shrewd, he knows when to make his effort. He reads races well and maximises his return.

Just watched the replay. How is this race not more talked about. Such an action packed race early in the season. Definitely going for my list of favorite races to watch. Although looking back on the history the startlist has not been this packed with star riders like this year had.

It usually took place in the middle of February. at the same time as Algarve or the stage races in southern Spain and southern France.

Going to the week before Strade Bianche and Tirreno - Adriatico might give a better startlist for the future.

TRENDING THREADS