• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

59th Itzulia Basque Country (2.UWT) 8 - 13 April

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.jpg

Dan Martin 14th

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
I am ruling them all out if they race hard enough
Im not sure, with 3 stages coming up which suits them all very well, its very open IMO - even if raced really hard. They can get some bonus seconds and even make gaps on these stages, but Adam Yates would be my favourite as of now.

Don't think there are bonus seconds. Or at least it would be highly unusual if there are.

roundabout said:
Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
Im not sure, with 3 stages coming up which suits them all very well, its very open IMO - even if raced really hard. They can get some bonus seconds and even make gaps on these stages, but Adam Yates would be my favourite as of now.

Don't think there are bonus seconds. Or at least it would be highly unusual if there are.
there are. 10-6-4 at the finish and 3-2-1 at the intermediate sprints

search said:
roundabout said:
Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:

there are. 10-6-4 at the finish and 3-2-1 at the intermediate sprints

Oh, I even see that there were bonus seconds last year.

Seems a bit generous though for a usually close race.

Lequack said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
Just noticed Sepp Kuss is riding here as well... 131st at 2m17s
Did he puncture? Twice? And crash?

Probably no sense in going full out if you're not in it for the win or the GC. Often they will be told by the team to save themselves.
Sure, and i would completely understand if he finished somewhere in between Oomen, Lambrecht, Hirschi, Gaudu & Madouas... This was a short ITT with a steep climb which should suit him. If nothing else, just to test himself.

TRENDING THREADS