• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

73rd Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne: 28 February, 2021

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
As for Pidcock's sprint, i think nobody wasted less energy in the race than him. He was in last position most of the last 50km, he's small, always out of the wind, he's light and doesn't suffer on the climbs, and he's a CX rider and has no issues with twisting, turning or cobbles. He was probably the most fresh guy there. It was a nice sprint, but let's not turn him into a sprinting beast.

As for Pidcock's sprint, i think nobody wasted less energy in the race than him. He was in last position most of the last 50km, he's small, always out of the wind, he's light and doesn't suffer on the climbs, and he's a CX rider and has no issues with twisting, turning or cobbles. He was probably the most fresh guy there. It was a nice sprint, but let's not turn him into a sprinting beast.

Well yes, as cavalier as he was yesterday, he was astute and showed good race craft today.

Reactions: Sandisfan

There is one... Pedersen.

Atleast Pidcock bridged a gap after the Kwaremont.

He is quite handy though. Quite often when riding for GB-U23s, he'd lead Hayter out to victory, and end up winning the sprint for 2nd.

And as others have said. Pedersen did even less. Which makes Turgis's performance even more impressive

I wonder how many races Mathieu “could have” won at the end of his career if he had raced more “smartly”.

I think it’s clear who the strongest rider was today, and yes, he could have won. That’s something that you’ll be hearing throughout his career I suppose.
I like that he tries to make races. My memory is bad and getting worse so I won't remember today at the the end of his career. :D

I like that he tries to make races. My memory is bad and getting worse so I won't remember today at the the end of his career. :D
That’s the thing isn’t it. At some point it’ll all be historical data and statistics where only the win counts. At least we live in the digital age where there’s audiovisual evidence of the heroics in cycling even if not resulting into a win.

• Wow
A little shocking to see that there has not been one single mention of Arjen Livyns in this thread. On the Kwaremont, he was just cruising along with Asgreen and Degenkolb who distanced all the others.

Yesterday he might not have been able to follow Alaphilippe but he certainly did seem to be able to match Ballerini, Sénéchal and co. on the cobbled climbs.

The revelation of the opening weekend.

Reactions: Boes and Sandisfan
MVDP was little bit Saganed at this race. His attacks are way more ridiculous though. Anyway thanks for him he made the race. Asgreen spoiled the end. I dont get his intensions. If he would do it for other Stepper but it was pointless and it affected results greatly :rolleyes:. I wanted to mention third thing but I forget when I was typing about Asgreen and MVDP :weary:

• Wow
A little shocking to see that there has not been one single mention of Arjen Livyns in this thread. On the Kwaremont, he was just cruising along with Asgreen and Degenkolb who distanced all the others.

Yesterday he might not have been able to follow Alaphilippe but he certainly did seem to be able to match Ballerini, Sénéchal and co. on the cobbled climbs.

The revelation of the opening weekend.
I don't understand how this is possible. He's 1m70 and weighs 58 kg. How the hell is he able to produce those Watts?

TRENDING THREADS