• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

73rd Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne: 28 February, 2021

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
No I didn't, you just interpreted it wrong..... but hey, I'll try to remember to qualify every statement with "I think" in future, just for you :cool:

As for not being a fan.... I'm not really a fan of anyone, I tend to try and view things from a factual perspective.

Fandom skews perspective.

That being said, I think MvdP is an amazing rider, though still tactically inept.

“Pedersen is faster on the line, especially after a long, hard race”. That’s definitely stating something as a fact. There’s bo way I interpreted that wrong. So yeah, try wording it differently next time. ;)

As far as your interpretation of being a fan goes, now THAT’S misinterpreting what I said. A fan is just that, admiring someone for how they exercise their sport, for their specific qualities that gets you excited for watching the sport.

In that sense, you can be a fan of many many riders. I’m a fan of Mathieu, van Aert, Sagan, Evenepoel, Pogacar, just to name a few. Being a fan isn’t being a fanboy, there’s a big difference.

As far as Mathieu goes, you have to take the good with the bad. He hates the “standard” way of racing and likes to go against what’s “expected”.

He has quite the palmares already and will have an even better one by the time he retires for being “tactically inept”.

Reactions: Sandisfan
  • Wow
“Pedersen is faster on the line, especially after a long, hard race”. That’s definitely stating something as a fact. There’s bo way I interpreted that wrong. So yeah, try wording it differently next time. ;)

As far as your interpretation of being a fan goes, now THAT’S misinterpreting what I said. A fan is just that, admiring someone for how they exercise their sport, for their specific qualities that gets you excited for watching the sport.

In that sense, you can be a fan of many many riders. I’m a fan of Mathieu, van Aert, Sagan, Evenepoel, Pogacar, just to name a few. Being a fan isn’t being a fanboy, there’s a big difference.

As far as Mathieu goes, you have to take the good with the bad. He hates the “standard” way of racing and likes to go against what’s “expected”.

He has quite the palmares already and will have an even better one by the time he retires for being “tactically inept”.

I'll word my posts exactly as I please, and if you don't like it...... tough luck :cool:

I'll word my posts exactly as I please, and if you don't like it...... tough luck :cool:
Lmao, how old are you?

I just played into what you said about specifying that it’s your opinion as opposed to a fact.

I couldn’t care less how you post, you’ll just keep getting called out on posting opinion as fact ;)

At the end of the day you’re clearly a hypocrite anyway regarding fanboying so I won’t be engaging with you in any further discussions relating to that.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Lmao, how old are you?

I just played into what you said about specifying that it’s your opinion as opposed to a fact.

I couldn’t care less how you post, you’ll just keep getting called out on posting opinion as fact ;)

At the end of the day you’re clearly a hypocrite anyway regarding fanboying so I won’t be engaging with you in any further discussions relating to that.

You misunderstood the post I made, I explained why you misunderstood it - and yet you persist in your erroneous understanding.

As such I will enjoy greatly, that you promise to not engage with me again - THANKS :cool:

You misunderstood the post I made, I explained why you misunderstood it - and yet you persist in your erroneous understanding.

As such I will enjoy greatly, that you promise to not engage with me again - THANKS :cool:

Nah, you just lack some basic writing skills and got called out on it. Then you got called out by other posters for being a consummate hypocrite.

So now you’re all embarrassed as you should be, and as such are digging yourself an even deeper grave with every emotional post masked by faux “wit”.

Then of course there’s the irony of the lack of reading comprehension you accuse me of. In your case, regarding the refusal of engagement. Lmao.

I’d stop engaging you period if it wasn’t so darn entertaining. Long may it continue.

Last edited:
Nah, you just lack some basic writing skills and got called out on it. Then you got called out by other posters for being a consummate hypocrite.

So now you’re all embarrassed as you should be, and as such are digging yourself an even deeper grave with every emotional post masked by faux “wit”.

Then of course there’s the irony of the lack of reading comprehension you accuse me of. In your case, regarding the refusal of engagement. Lmao.

I’d stop engaging you period if it wasn’t so darn entertaining. Long may it continue.

Well pardon me, for English being my 4th language :D

As for the rest, you are absolutely entitled to your feelings buddy, I hear emotional men are all the rage these days :cool:

Well pardon me, for English being my 4th language :D

As for the rest, you are absolutely entitled to your feelings buddy, I hear emotional men are all the rage these days :cool:

It’s a good thing then, that in order to be a hypocrite and a man-child it doesn’t matter how good your English is.

As for being emotional, it sucks doesn’t it? Having no one on your side. I don’t know whether to be sad or impressed with this facade you’re putting up.

TRENDING THREADS