• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

73rd Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana (2.Pro) // February 2nd - 6th 2022

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will finish higher in GC?

• Valverde

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Ayuso

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
If he really wants it and is in good form, he could place a signature attack at the very top of the climb in stage 1 at 4k from the finish. Only a select group of riders will be there still, and none of them will be his equal on the flat section leading up to the finish. If they fail to hold his wheel and give him 5m, it's over. He can ride away and take up to 30 seconds in 4k.
Good point, although I reckon the group that group that gets over the top of that climb will be quite big so it might be tough to get away there without someone snapping his wheel. What's DQS team here? If he has strong support and they can make the climb tough enough to reduce the group it might work.

Good point, although I reckon the group that group that gets over the top of that climb will be quite big so it might be tough to get away there without someone snapping his wheel. What's DQS team here? If he has strong support and they can make the climb tough enough to reduce the group it might work.

Cattaneo, Honore, Lampaert and Cerny plus Jakobsen and Morkov for the sprints.

It would depend i guess. The group can still be quite big, that doesn't really matter if the most "flat domestiques" won't be there anymore, that's what matters. The group was also still big in Denmark when he attacked at the end of a (much shorter) climb, and that was that. Game over. A tough race or a tough climb would be in his favor though, i agree.

Andrea Piccolo to finish this race in the top 10 on the gc.

That would be a relief.

Last edited: