• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 76th La Vuelta ciclista a España 2021 (August 14 - September 5)

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Pick the winner!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Winning the vuelta is like kissing your sister. Ok, you got the kiss, but it's still your sister. I'm expecting Padun to fight Roglic for his sister.

Just checked and i can't find the info if Tony has two sisters or not.

4153d8fa-5168-4989-b5dd-00c2d768f986.jpeg

To me it for sure doesn't look like a kiss from a sister. There must be more to it.

Valverde wasn't exactly very good at TT's until his ban when he took the opportunity to actually learn how to ride them. When he came back from his ban his TTing was inconsistent and now it's back to being poor again. Pre 2010 Valverde was good at climbing, sprinting, biking handling, descending, positioning, but wasn't very good at TTs.
That's just not true. Been following him closely since his Kelme days and when I read that it didn't sound right at all so I had to double check.

He's almost always been a good if not elite tter and was very good from '06 - '10. Results from every itt he raced during that period, the overwhelming majority in high level races:

06 - 2, 2, 14, 7, 9, 5, 4, 3
07 - 1, 2, 5, 1, 5, 9, 32, 46, 17, 1
08 - 1, 16, 3, 1, 22, 34, 5, 3
09 - 3, 2, 3, 12, 2, 4, 9, 13, 7
10 - 31, 2, 13, 2

So, 28 of 39 times he finished inside the top 10 and 23 of 39 were inside the top 5 with 16 podiums. That's not someone who "wasn't very good at TTs"