80ª Volta a Portugal em Bicicleta (1 a 12 de Agosto de 2018)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2017
582
0
0
Re: Re:

DNP-Old said:
Samitier and Barcelo both have been (pre-)selected to ride l'Avenir with the Spanish national team. I'm afraid they'll have to look for two others after this one.
why can't they ride l'Avenir with the Spanish national team ?
 
Re:

burning said:
I wouldn't call it disrespectful by any means, as whoever watches and cares about Volta pretty much knows what is going on. But, as far as I know, the main reason that the clinic and RR forum is separated is to avoid clinic related fights in race threads. However, I am pretty sure that nobody will start a fight in a Volta thread as everybody knows what's going on, and just enjoys the show.

One thing that I strongly disagree is, a large group of people also thinks pretty much everyone in TDF or in any WT race is doped to the gills, and the threads are usually filled with subtle clinic posts whenever an outstanding move happens. Then, why not move these threads to the clinic?
Agreed here. What I saw on La Rosiere or Jafferau stages were just plain ridiculous.
 
Dec 30, 2015
128
0
2,830
Re: Re:

Forever The Best said:
burning said:
I wouldn't call it disrespectful by any means, as whoever watches and cares about Volta pretty much knows what is going on. But, as far as I know, the main reason that the clinic and RR forum is separated is to avoid clinic related fights in race threads. However, I am pretty sure that nobody will start a fight in a Volta thread as everybody knows what's going on, and just enjoys the show.

One thing that I strongly disagree is, a large group of people also thinks pretty much everyone in TDF or in any WT race is doped to the gills, and the threads are usually filled with subtle clinic posts whenever an outstanding move happens. Then, why not move these threads to the clinic?
Agreed here. What I saw on La Rosiere or Jafferau stages were just plain ridiculous.
its the story of the rich and the poor. the poor dont need to get caught with drugs to everybody be suspicious about him damaging its reputation, while the rich can even be caught with a ridiculous amout of forbiden substances without any consequences

Yes Volta is the poor. you have NOTHING to acuse, but its always cool to lift suspicions, and the mods follow the wagon

the AD agencies are doing their work, if anyone gets caught, i have absolute certain, the rider/s WILL be punished. unlike others
 
Re: Re:

Tim Booth said:
DNP-Old said:
Samitier and Barcelo both have been (pre-)selected to ride l'Avenir with the Spanish national team. I'm afraid they'll have to look for two others after this one.
why can't they ride l'Avenir with the Spanish national team ?
The point of the post was that trying to keep up with the Volta animals will leave them destroyed and unable to perform at l'Avenir. We've seen many from overseas coming in not quite prepared for what to expect, commenting on the brutality of the pace at the Volta. Samitier and Barceló are impressive young climbers that many have hopes for. But trying to keep pace with Balarcón in August is only liable to create an Elofsson/Mühlegg reprise.
 
Dec 30, 2015
128
0
2,830
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
that just tells us they are on newer stuff that's still undetectable

moar rocket fuel
makes sense

3rd tier teams with ridiculous small budgets are always the leaders in developing newer undetectable stuffs
 
Aug 18, 2017
582
0
0
Re: 80ª Volta a Portugal em Bicicleta (1 a 12 de Agosto de 2

Two riders didn’t start today
Olivier Pardini
Hakon Aalrust
but they are not on Portugese teams...
 
Jun 30, 2014
5,465
0
0
Re: Re:

FilipeFD said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
that just tells us they are on newer stuff that's still undetectable

moar rocket fuel
makes sense

3rd tier teams with ridiculous small budgets are always the leaders in developing newer undetectable stuffs
I doubt that Porto and Sporting only play their teams peanuts.
It's probably the benefit of being a CT team and not having to deal with a proper passport, think about Dani Diaz and Celano, world beaters at that level, but no longer able to get decent results once they had to deal with the bio passport at PCT level. Last year Alarcon beat Quintana in Spain and wasn't busted, they are probably doing a lot of stuff out of competition, but they are probably smart enough not to go full wild west and use CERA like many of the guys in Latin America who got busted.
 
I want to congratulate the moderators for the wise decision of moving this thread to the clinic. It had the effect they wanted: no more talking about racing, only doping
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS