• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

85th/24th La Flèche Wallonne, April 21st, 2021

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will cross the finish line first according to the commissaires and the photo finish camera?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Clipboard.jpg

If Alaphilippe is on top form, there's nothing to do here. If he's not on absolute top but just a little below like he probably was today, he is beatable, but you need a harder race and a harder pace on the Mur.

I've also noticed while the majority of other contenders had their teammates helping them with positioning in the last 30km, Roglič was always alone and did a couple of sprints by himself to get in good position. Maybe that was the plan, but I don't think it was a good plan.

If Alaphilippe is on top form, there's nothing to do here. If he's not on absolute top but just a little below like he probably was today, he is beatable, but you need a harder race and a harder pace on the Mur.

I've also noticed while the majority of other contenders had their teammates helping them with positioning in the last 30km, Roglič was always alone and did a couple of sprints by himself to get in good position. Maybe that was the plan, but I don't think it was a good plan.
If the plan is to have your team leader do extra work before the Mur de Huy and you're a DS then you're one of about 4 people in this world more shite at his job than Carlton Kirby

TRENDING THREADS