• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

94th Ronde van Vlaanderen - April 4

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Originally Posted by il_fiammingo
Talking about Ballan: where the hell is he??

Het Volk: 68th
Tirreno: 80th
Sanremo: 64th

Not really the kind of results that are pointing to a greate shape. No idea what to expect from him the next few weeks.
Bala Verde said:
When was the last time we heard from Ballan at all...

I believe that this will be his first time riding RVV, so I'm lookin' for anything special out of him.

His most recent win came last August at the Tour of Poland

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Publicus said:
I think Armstrong wins on Sunday.

I actually think he won't be ridden away from the first hill. He'll be dropped on 'Tenbosse' like in 2005 I believe :d Boonen ftw btw! (flemish enthousiasm)

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
*G*K*S* said:
Originally Posted by il_fiammingo
Talking about Ballan: where the hell is he??

Het Volk: 68th
Tirreno: 80th
Sanremo: 64th

Not really the kind of results that are pointing to a greate shape. No idea what to expect from him the next few weeks.

I believe that this will be his first time riding RVV, so I'm lookin' for anything special out of him.

His most recent win came last August at the Tour of Poland

Eh.... Ballan won RVV in 2007...

*G*K*S* said:

you might be confusing Ronde Van Vlaanderen with Tour of Flanders.. right?
63upuc.jpg

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Balland and Quinziato aren't going to win either. Going by their form... Devolder was going full gas and didn't even gain a second on Bert Scheirlinckx (at the front at that moment).
No, if Devolder rides top 10 in the Tour of Flanders I'll eat my hat (with proof)
Karl Vannieuwkerke's twitter:
I saw from the motorcycle that Devolder is fooling with us... he's on form!

Karl Vannieuwkerke always believes his own countrymen are fooling him.
While a good reporter and journalist, he is also one of the more chauvinistic ones.
I think last year he predicted Van Avermaet and Roelandts to win big classics. Not a guy who should be taken to seriously when it's about Flemish riders in Flanders races

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Current UNIBET odds:

I have been a Big George Fan for so long - I just HAVE to pick him for the win.
Second choice Max Iglinskiy.

09:00 Tour of Flanders 2010
Who will win?
No refunds on non-starters. Others on request.

Boonen, T 4.50
Cancellara, F 4.50
Pozzato, F 9.00
Breschel, M 11.00
Flecha Giannoni, J-A 16.00
Gilbert, Philippe 17.00
Devolder, S 25.00
Hincapie, G 30.00
Boasson Hagen, E 35.00
Gasparotto, E 35.00
Burghardt, M 35.00
Nuyens, N 35.00
Ballan, A 35.00
Leukemans, B 40.00
Iglinskiy, M 40.00
Eisel, B 45.00
Ivanov, S 45.00
Boom, Lars 50.00
Oss, D 50.00
Kroon, K 50.00
Klier, A 55.00
Chavanel, Sylvain 55.00
Maaskant, M 55.00
Hoste, L 55.00
Hushovd, T 55.00
Langeveld, S 55.00
Roelandts, J 60.00
Van Avermaet, G 60.00
Hammond, R 80.00
Van Summeren, J 80.00
Voeckler, T 80.00
Quinziato, M 100.0
Chainel, S 100.0
Kuschynski, A 100.0
Hoogerland, J 100.0
Vanmarcke, S 125.0
Guesdon, F 150.0
Offredo, Y 175.0
Lorenzetto, M 200.0
Sentjens, R 200.0
Rojas Gil, J J 200.0
Terpstra, N 200.0
Bak, L-Y 250.0
Armstrong, L 250.0
Bonnet, W 250.0
Traksel, B 250.0
Arvesen, K-A 250.0
Lequatre, G 250.0
Rosseler, S 300.0
Hinault, S 350.0
Hutarovich, Y 350.0
Mondory, L 350.0
photo-13-2.jpg

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
cant bloody wait, leaving worcester (in uk) at 6am friday to drive get ferry stay in geraardsburgen for the 3 nights, do the cyclosportive on the saturday and watch on the muur on the sunday. cant wait!

money on cance or flecha.

would love to see stannard thomas and dan lloyd have decent rides (albeit on a domestique level

This might be old news idk but I just read that neither Haussler nor Klier will be able to start either RVV or Roubaix this year. A serious setback for last years breakout team. And with Hushovd also struggling with illness it would almost take a miracle for them to get some good results.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
What is the forum members' impression of Chavanel's (QTS) current form?

Chavanel has been about as visible as Devolder. It's possible the two of them are just playing possum but it does seem like neither of them is really in shape to contend RvV. They certainly haven't been pushing the pace at the front and shelling people like Cancellara, Boonen and Breschel have, but they haven't even been making the selection when the race gets tough.

Jamsque said:
Chavanel has been about as visible as Devolder. It's possible the two of them are just playing possum but it does seem like neither of them is really in shape to contend RvV. They certainly haven't been pushing the pace at the front and shelling people like Cancellara, Boonen and Breschel have, but they haven't even been making the selection when the race gets tough.

I recall seeing Chava test the wind a bit during some of the earlier Belgian races, though admittedly not on a Boonen/Spartacus level.

But who is this Devolder you speak of? Does he ride bicycles, too?