• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

94th Ronde van Vlaanderen - April 4

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
At what KM do they hit the first cobbles or has that already happened?

at 130 k togo, so that is 8 k from here.

ETA: That's the first climb, the breakaway is at some cobbles now at 134 k to go. Might be the first.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
Ahhh... .Went to church, had a delicious lunch..... But now the real religious service starts :cool:

Hmm, I thought the church bells were sounded because of De Ronde =/

Weather here is changing all the time, I still expect some rain later on.

Hmmmmm.... We were promised bad weather. It looks like a fine spring day to me.

But there are some puddles on the side of the road, so it probably did rain earlier today.... Wonder whether the cobbles are wet, could make choosing position even more important, if that's possible.

A

Anonymous

ak-zaaf said:
Hmm, I thought the church bells were sounded because of De Ronde =/

Weather here is changing all the time, I still expect some rain later on.

Man I hope so, you know any Native American Rain Dances?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Man I hope so, you know any Native American Rain Dances?

Working on it, doesn't look that promising though =/
2yu15k1.jpg

A

Anonymous

Bala Verde said:
I am in NC today, doesn't the state have large groups of Cherokees? Weren't they known for rain dances? :p

I think it was more of a Sioux thing, but I could be wrong. Either way, we need whichever of them it is flown to Belgium immediately.