• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A coffee and a small Danish.

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Now here's a question for all of ya:
What rules would you implement if you had any sort of power in the UCI?

Here's my first:

"No race - especially if it has live broadcast - must be scheduled to finish any earlier than 16:00 local time!"
I’d be absolutely on board with that, since I wouldn’t have to get up so early on weekends (I know it’s different timing for you).

Reactions: RedheadDane
I’d be absolutely on board with that, since I wouldn’t have to get up so early on weekends (I know it’s different timing for you).

This time it's mostly a dig at Women's Tour. Especially since they're an hour behind mainland Europe! What business they got finishing so early? And don't say "It's so they won't clash with Dauphiné." You can watch two - or more - races at the same time. You can't watch race if you're at work.

This time it's mostly a dig at Women's Tour. Especially since they're an hour behind mainland Europe! What business they got finishing so early? And don't say "It's so they won't clash with Dauphiné." You can watch two - or more - races at the same time. You can't watch race if you're at work.

Perhaps you could travel to the UK and create some kind of accident that would require medical assistance, which could then hold up the race for about an hour. Wait a minute, WHAT WERE YOU DOING YESTERDAY???!!!

Perhaps you could travel to the UK and create some kind of accident that would require medical assistance, which could then hold up the race for about an hour. Wait a minute, WHAT WERE YOU DOING YESTERDAY???!!!

I'M INNOCENT!

I also think there are some commentators who would disagree with your last sentence.

Don't think commentators are generally required to commentate multiple races at once. Could be fun, though.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
And when they're doing that other work, they don't get to watch races.
I'm just jealous I'm not a commentator! Though, I might be pretty bad at it... apparently, commentators should always use full team names...

For someone who can't speak French, I can see how Francaise des Jeux Nouvelle-Aquitaine Futuroscope could be a mo(u)thful. Though at least in Danish commentary EF-TIBCO-SVB is usaully just called EF nowadays, which I think is a shame.

• Wow
For someone who can't speak French, I can see how Francaise des Jeux Nouvelle-Aquitaine Futuroscope could be a mo(u)thful.

Not to mention the risk of this situation:
"Now there's an attack by a rider from Francaise des Jeux Nouvelle-Aquitaine Futurosc... ah, she was caught..."
"FDJ" is much quicker, and then I'd just assume people would be able to figure out which 'FDJ' based on context.

Which is why I'd be a bad commentator.
There's also the fact that I'd be trying to watch multiple races at once, which would cause a confusing mess...

Maybe it would be a good rule for you not to watch more races than you can count to.
And if you were a commentator it could be easier if you just relied on the colour of their jerseys instead of the team names, as long as you're wearing glasses or contacts.

• Haha

TRENDING THREADS