• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A coffee and a small Danish.

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Anyone else completely uninterested in cycling since the butchered giro. CdD and TdS were also underwhelming races not that it's overly important who wins one week stage races. I suppose we're waiting for the Tour. I'm very confident that most of the stages will disappoint but there will be at least one completely outrageous performance that will take your balls away.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Anyone else completely uninterested in cycling since the butchered giro. CdD and TdS were also underwhelming races not that it's overly important who wins one week stage races. I suppose we're waiting for the Tour. I'm very confident that most of the stages will disappoint but there will be at least one completely outrageous performance that will take your balls away.

I'm totally enjoying things.
Yesterday might not have been a good day to be a Danish cycling fan, but a great day to be a Pinot fan. :D

Now I want Weird Al Yankovic to sing 'Take Your Balls Away', a parody of 'Take My Breath Away'.

• Haha

I'm always most interested between February and the end of the Giro. After the Tour in August I sometimes become totally uninterested, although it increases again for the Workd championships and Lombardia.

It's a shame you feel that way though. The Giro , Dauphine and Suisse have been underwhelming but I try and be optimistic

Cobbled Monuments and the Tour are pinnacles of my cycling passion.
I enjoy Dauphine and Suisse, but not in the way the cobbled classics (preceding the Monuments) build the euphoria.

Hopefully, Tour de France Femmes will make the post-Tour blues, I regularly suffer, easier.

Afterwards, the Vuelta's always a nice entertainment culminating with the Worlds RR.
A bit like an inverse aforementioned pinnacle.

Didn't know where else to put this, so, yeah... here are some TdF - and I suspect cycling in general - rules:

14 Tour de France rules you probably didn't know | Cycling Weekly

4. Assault
Competitors who commit assault, utter insults, threaten or wilfully cause delays or demonstrations will be penalised - Article 9

Yeah, don't assault people! Generally frowned up...

12. Retirement
Any notably unjustified retirement may lead to the withdrawal of all prizes won since the start of the race - Article 8.

How do they determine if something is "unjustified retirement"?
I suppose it's a matter of teams having to provide any sort of reason. But then what did Bahrain Merida do in 2019 with Dennis?
"We don't know, and we also don't know where he is..."

Last edited:
So the prologue is on Friday in Kobenhavn. I can confirm that the times will count towards the overall. Normally, I don't have huge interest in tts but this one should be good.
Who amongst us Danes will be hyper excited and drinking coffee on the route?

I thought you'd said you were Irish?
I'm excited. I'll be drinking coffee. Probably not on the route, though.

Any particular rider you feel is missing? ;)
Maybe, all my favourites are not in the race. But I have been pretty obsessively watching pro racing for 10 years, without those guys like Fausto and Vincenzo, and Mikel, and I never felt so uninterested before the start of a GT. I still have Gregario TiboPino to cheer for.

Maybe because I am more active on social media and its all I've heard about for 2 weeks and I'm already bored

Depends on whether that means you won't be around for the duration of the race.
I don't know.

• Sad

TRENDING THREADS