• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A coffee and a small Danish.

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If the judge deemed that the punishment of his crime should be 80 hours of work, then that's the punishment he should get. Doesn't matter whether he has 1, or 10 TdF stages.
I mean, Geniez is a three-time Vuelta stage winner, so he shouldn't have been punished either? Or is it specifically the having to do work that's an issue?

After realising what thread he posted it in, I think it's possible he wasn't entirely serious.

Or is it specifically the having to do work that's an issue?

No, it‘s rather that he got punished at all… ;-)

I noticed this case before the decision, and my hope was that all the parties would have found another solution: a solution everyone could live with.

In the end, Weening was found to be guilty, and this damages his reputation now. Beforehand, he was known as „The TdF stage winner“ to everyone.

Well, now I hope everyone finds peace. Conflicts need time to heal. Everyone might have had their reasons. Now it‘s time to look forward. Wounds can heal.

Admittedly I was surprised that Weening and Geniez had trouble with law enforcement.

In Geniez‘ case, maybe I am still to much impressed by Roger Legaey. When he founded MPCC, I developed a certain feeling that from now on, all the French teams and French riders were clean cyclists and 100% morally perfect people. So Geniez‘ trial shocked me. And with Pieter Weening, I probably thought, the man never looked intimidating at all, so I again was shocked…

You're a late bloomer then :p I didn't watch cycling regularly either before the 2006 season, so even the day after Weening's win, I wasn't watching I also didn't watch MR's win on La Toussuire live, but I listened to it on a car radio during a family trip to Moesgård Beach.

I watched bits and pieces back then. Mainly just the TdF mountains, then more and more of the TdF, then other major races, and now... well...

Reactions: Samu Cuenca
You're a late bloomer then :p I didn't watch cycling regularly either before the 2006 season, so even the day after Weening's win, I wasn't watching I also didn't watch MR's win on La Toussuire live, but I listened to it on a car radio during a family trip to Moesgård Beach.
I too was forced away from the television as a child ...

I taped that stage and saw it when I got home (and managed to avoid spoilers!). I didn't tape Alpe d'Huez, so I listened to it on the radio. Somehow, my parents didn't plan the family vacations around the Tour.

I have a question. Which "team hashtag" do you people find most ridiculous? Apart from the whole concept of having a "team hashtag" being ridiculous in itself.
I'll start:
Ag2R's "RideDifferently". WTF does that even mean? Are they gonna rock up to a race on unicycles one day, telling everyone that "We're doing things differently!"?
@BBHotels_VC twitter account is sadly no longer with us but their hashtag #meninglaz was one of the more interesting ones

It took me a while to figure it out but I found this explanation of the Breton word 'glaz'
Glaz is a specific color in Brittany... it has no equivalent in french or english. It’s a mix of green, blue and grey...

It's that time of the year! When teams wave to each other across the road. :D

319057418_391867973130335_2597350190280028088_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
No, it‘s rather that he got punished at all… ;-)

I noticed this case before the decision, and my hope was that all the parties would have found another solution: a solution everyone could live with.

In the end, Weening was found to be guilty, and this damages his reputation now. Beforehand, he was known as „The TdF stage winner“ to everyone.

Well, now I hope everyone finds peace. Conflicts need time to heal. Everyone might have had their reasons. Now it‘s time to look forward. Wounds can heal.

Admittedly I was surprised that Weening and Geniez had trouble with law enforcement.

In Geniez‘ case, maybe I am still to much impressed by Roger Legaey. When he founded MPCC, I developed a certain feeling that from now on, all the French teams and French riders were clean cyclists and 100% morally perfect people. So Geniez‘ trial shocked me. And with Pieter Weening, I probably thought, the man never looked intimidating at all, so I again was shocked…
Has someone fed me LSD or am I really reading what I just read?

Yes, I'm a weirdo! I know...
So, looking through the various staff listings on PCS, and this came up under Bahrain-V:

Well... that clarifies it!

Same shennanigans over at Jayco:

"We don't know what these guys do, they're just... staff..."

Meanwhile, at DSM and Trek, a whole different type of shennanigans:

Iwan SpekenbrinkGeneral manager
Iwan SpekenbrinkGeneral manager
Rudi KemnaSports Director
Rudi KemnaSports Director
Albert TimmerAss. Sports Director
Albert TimmerAss. Sports Director

Luca GuercilenaGeneral manager
Luca GuercilenaGeneral manager
Steven de JonghSports Director
Adriano BaffiAss. Sports Director
Adriano BaffiAss. Sports Director

Dunno why there's only one De Jongh... nevermind, the other is just... further down on the list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS