• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A top rider that no one dislikes?

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ney the Viking said:
Ah, yeah there was that :D But thats proper anger not some whinging excuse for not performing. It made me like the guy even more, because he cares about his loyality and does not understand why people do not respect it. Also notice how he says Laance Aaaarmstrong in a quite condensending tone, I love that:D

Anyway, some people don't like upfront alround good guy Jens I guess. So lets eleminate all the other guys so Txurruka can get the honors.

I hate Gilberts Earring, but I know absolutely nothing of the man, all the interviews are always french and I dont understand a word.

Most of the interviews on Sporza are in Dutch. And he speaks it better then our soon to be(or not so soon) prime minister.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Most of the interviews on Sporza are in Dutch. And he speaks it better then our soon to be(or not so soon) prime minister.

His English is not bad at all either.

theyoungest said:
Oscarito? Except for Ryo Hazuki, but he hates the weirdest guys.

There are people who consider him 'lazy' and who call him unprofessional. Those people are, of course, certified nutjobs, but they do exist.

salixcycling said:
I don't think Gadret counts. :p

Can we please have Nicholas Roche added to the list? He even has his own very recent thread and no-one has yet said anything against him.

Top 15 in this year's Tour and top 5 in this year's Vuelta :D - should be high enough profile

I thought I had added him already. Not sure if he should be a borderline case or not though. He's certainly not as known as the very top riders but because of his name he gets more attention than most other riders of the same caliber.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
ingsve said:
I thought I had added him already. Not sure if he should be a borderline case or not though. He's certainly not as known as the very top riders but because of his name he gets more attention than most other riders of the same caliber.

He's at least as well known as Russel Downing ;) Thanks for adding him.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Arnout said:
I don't like Jens, he's always acting like he is done wrong.

Ah, no! You ruined it! I think Jens will be the closest one to being universally loved - even if I do think that's virtually impossible.

Baby Schleck has his detractors obviously, but what about Schleck the Elder? And you can't dislike him simply for being Baby Schleck's brother. Not his fault - besides, he was there first. ;)

Likeability in a Ryder

No one seems to have mentioned Ryder Hesjedal. Ryder is your proverbial good Canadian boy and everyone knows how polite, courteous and respectful we Canucks are. When we cut off another rider we always say "Excuse me!"

Ryder is not that articulate and mumbles a bit when he is interviewed, so it is highly unlikely he would say a bad word about anyone, that anyone could understand at least.

Aaaannndd his TDF finish puts him up there as a top rider n'est pas!

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps it's his jokes?

avanti said:
I thought Jens Voigt was liked by all.

(during one of the tour de France stages)

JV: "Hey David (Millar), why do you scottish men wear kilts"
And before Millar had a chance to answer
JV: "Because zippers scare off the sheep.

Allegedly he only got a few groans for his effort;)

RobbieCanuck said:
No one seems to have mentioned Ryder Hesjedal. Ryder is your proverbial good Canadian boy and everyone knows how polite, courteous and respectful we Canucks are. When we cut off another rider we always say "Excuse me!"

Ryder is not that articulate and mumbles a bit when he is interviewed, so it is highly unlikely he would say a bad word about anyone, that anyone could understand at least.

I said good bye to him from this thread. :D

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
EmpressJo said:
Ah, no! You ruined it! I think Jens will be the closest one to being universally loved - even if I do think that's virtually impossible.

Baby Schleck has his detractors obviously, but what about Schleck the Elder? And you can't dislike him simply for being Baby Schleck's brother. Not his fault - besides, he was there first. ;)

Schleck the Elder paid Fuentes; that's enough to not like him anymore...

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
RobbieCanuck said:

That made me think about MC Canadian Sterotype (1:32)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbAJivTHPoQ

Zam_Olyas said:
Ryder hesjedal could be the one now and of course our dear moncoutie

Moncoutié is the most classy rider EVER.

Fetisoff said:
So basically you're saying this thread should be renamed "Is there a Colombian rider that no one dislikes"?

Colombians are disqualified by the op stipulation that it has to be "top riders";)

cineteq said:
LOL!!! You're right...I just remember a saw a post of him today against Nibali, as usual totally uncalled for. At least he doesn't say anything bad about Samu, so you're safe ;)

Dekker T also doesn't like Nibali