• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

ADD ( Anti Doping Denmark) report..

May 19, 2010
Visit site
CIDnCbeUcAAwxX0.jpg

ADD's redaction.
An example of Michael Rasmussen's specific knowledge of other Danes drug use is an episode in 2003 when Michael Rasmussen bought EPO and growth hormone at a pharmacy in Majorca with another Danish rider who was carrying it home to his residence, where Michael Rasmussen subsequently collected it . This rider has subsequently confirmed Michael Rasmussen's information to the investigation team and has also admitted to having used doping for several years of his career.
The text in red was included in the version Rasmussen was sent to confirm in April, but then he got a letter from ADD in May telling him to sign the new, redacted version. He was also told to destroy any copy he had of the old one, and to keep silent about it.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
p. 199/200 in "Gul feber":
Mit mål for 2003 var at komme med blandet de ni som ville blive udtaget til Tour de France. (....)
Jeg begynte mine forberedelser til Mallorca Rundt i februar, hvor jeg mødte min ven og nu daværende CSC-Tiscali-kollega Nicki Sørensen. Han var også taget til middelhavsølen for at indlede sin sæson. Vi boede på samme hotel. Han fortalte mig lettere desperat, at han hverken havde kunnet skaffe EPO eller væksthormon. Jeg beroligede han og sagde, at jeg kendte et apotek i byen Lluctmajor, hvor det smidt kunne købes. Han lånte en CSC-bil, og sammen kørte vi ud til apoteket, der ligger på hjørnet af torvet. Jeg havde været der flere ganger før,og apotekeren hilste på mig, som om vi var gamle venner.

Vi købte, hvad vi skulle bruge af EPO og væksthormoner, og Nicki fløj stofferne hjem til sig selv via lufthavnen i Pisa. Selv skulle jeg flyve til Verona. I Verona var der ofte skarp kontrol i lufthavnen med hunde, gennemlysning af bagage og den slags, og de italienske myndigheder var på dette tidspunkt særdeles hårde over for dopingsmuglere. Pisas lufthavn er derimod lidt primitivt, tilforladeligt lille sted. Det var nemmere at få stofferne ind i Italien ad den rute.

Fjorten dage senere kørte min kone og jeg til Toscana for at besøge Nicki og hans kone, Helle. Vi fik det med hjem, vi skulle have. Men jeg fandt ud af, at Nicki var blevet så skræmt af situationen, at han havde gravet sin del ned i haven.
Google translate:
My goal for 2003 was to get selected for the Tour de France. (....)
I started my preparations for TdF on Mallorca in February, where I met my friend and now former CSC-Tiscali colleague Nicki Sørensen. He was there to start his season. We stayed at the same hotel. He told me a bit desperate that he had neither been able to obtain EPO nor growth hormone. I reassured him and said I knew a pharmacy in the city Llucmajor where it could easily be purchased. He borrowed a CSC car and together we drove out to the pharmacy, located on the corner of the square. I had been there several times before, and the pharmacist greeted me as if we were old friends.

We bought what we needed to use of EPO and growth hormones, and Nicki flew the substances home via Pisa airport. I had to fly to Verona. In Verona, there was often tight control at the airport with dogs, screening of baggage and stuff, and the Italian authorities was at this time extremely hard on doping smugglers. Pisa Airport in contrary is a little primitive, reliably small place. It was easier to get drugs into Italy along that route.

Fourteen days later my wife and I drove to Tuscany to visit Nicki and his wife, Helle. We got it home, what we came to get. But I found out that Nicki had been so frightened by the situation that he had dug down his part of the drugs in the garden.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Re:

neineinei said:
http://jyllands-posten.dk/sport/cykling/ECE7814366/Dopingj%C3%A6gere-til-cykelpr%C3%A6sident-Vi-mener-at-vi-har-afd%C3%A6kket-aktiviteter-som-har-din-interesse/ (Danish)

ADD sent a mail to Cookson in December 2014 asking for a meeting, saying they had uncovered stuff they thought would be of interest to UCI

Wasn't that around the same time Cookson said time was running out for Riis/Vino in regards to talk with CIRC?

Also they did held the meeting in february:

BKJwaQg.jpg

When was it Tinkov suspended Riis?

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
"I have loved and lived this sport but more than a decade ago, I chose the wrong path," said _______ in a statement released by his representative, _________.

"Even though those mistakes happened more than 10 years ago, and they were short-lived, it does not change the fact that I made them and I have lived with that and been sorry for it ever since."

Wow....looks like Nicki used same PR firm as Ryder/JV/Garmin :rolleyes:

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
It's quite a messy affair and the report is not even out yet...

-Rasmussen testified that Sørensen is a doper...
-Rasmussen receives report drafts for his approval saying Nicki admitted doping to them..
-Then Rasmussen recieves a letter from a lawyer threatening him to silence on the report that now has redacted Sørensen's name...
-Rasmussen lambasts ADD for protecting Sørensen.

-Sørensen publically admits to doping prior to SOL in the old "era" and says no deals were struck with ADD...
Sørensen also says that Rasmussen recieving the original draft must have been a mistake on ADD's part...

-Rasmussen is at a lost not understanding why ADD would protect Sørensen or anyone else for that matter...

So what happened that made it so important for ADD to redact Sørensen's name and threaten Rasmussen...

What did Sørensen tell ADD that would make them proritize removing his name from an admission of ten year old doping in the dark era?

If he did not tell them anything of importance, then why the hell go through all that trouble risking undermining the report if it is all just a few years of his own doping dating ten years back?

Something is being concealed here....

And of course Sørensen says no deals where made with ADD.. Such deal would be confidential anyway...

Re:

mortand said:
And now Nicki Sørensen admits to doping in the early parts of his career. Thank God, he was clean when he won stages at the Tour and the Vuelta.

http://www.bt.dk/cykling/nicki-soerensen-eksklusivt-til-bt-ja-jeg-har-dopet-mig

Yes, thank God...it would be a real shame for his victories to be sullied by a small amount of doping, early in his career, that was entirely his own choice...you know, like the fact that we can be happy that all of the victories of O'Grady after his one time shooting up, and every victory after 2006 by the people who spoke to the USADA about Lance Armstrong are also not sullied...just really thanking God that we can be sure of things like that...

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Reading reports, testimonies and quotes like these is more about what is not said.

What he does not say is that he had no contact what-so-ever with Riis, or anyone else, about his doping use. The only thing he says is that it was his personal decision, that no one forced him or even encouraged him (maybe he had no back bone or moral hesitations to begin with). While I doubt the latter is entirely true, he might even believe that himself (that he was in control [of that decision]). However, the actual important questions are not answered: After "he" made that decision, how involved was the team in the program? Who supplied the doping? Who paid for the program?

Omerta is still strong, don't let those half-hearted and incomplete statements of late fool you.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Another redacted part:

CIDqIfoWcAA6y2r.jpg

Nicki admitted using cortisone during the 2004 Olympic Games. Lars Michaelsen has cooperated with ADD, but denies using cortisone at the 2004 Games. Frank Høj has not cooperated with ADD.

Rasmussens story was that Høj had brought a vial of cortisine, hid in the battery compartment of his MP3 player, to the Games, and offered to share with the other riders on the team, Bo Hamburger says no thanks, he doesn't like cortisone. Rasmussen writes in the book that he thinks Sørensen took some, and that Michaelsen probably didn't take any, as far as he could recall.

Re: Re:

ChewbaccaDefense said:
mortand said:
And now Nicki Sørensen admits to doping in the early parts of his career. Thank God, he was clean when he won stages at the Tour and the Vuelta.

http://www.bt.dk/cykling/nicki-soerensen-eksklusivt-til-bt-ja-jeg-har-dopet-mig

Yes, thank God...it would be a real shame for his victories to be sullied by a small amount of doping, early in his career, that was entirely his own choice...you know, like the fact that we can be happy that all of the victories of O'Grady after his one time shooting up, and every victory after 2006 by the people who spoke to the USADA about Lance Armstrong are also not sullied...just really thanking God that we can be sure of things like that...
They really do have a low opinion of the intelligence of cycling fans.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Bobby Julich and Stuart O'Grady both stopped doping already in 1998.
And what about guys like Max Sciandri or Servais Knaven. Never doped.
Jeez, those guys must feel betrayed by Nicki still shooting up in 2003.