AFL Thread

Jul 8, 2009
447
0
0
30 touches, 1 goal made him the best ranga on the ground. :D

For a left-foot redhead who can't run, can't jump and can't kick.... he amazes how much of the ball he gets? Respect.

*****cats would've been belted if he wasn't out there.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,475
0
0
Parrulo said:
you talking about real football? :p
Although I agree nothing compares to the football you speak off(my favorite, or at maybe a 2nd to cycling, sport), our aussie version is pretty awesome also :p
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,475
0
0
Spider1964 said:
30 touches, 1 goal made him the best ranga on the ground. :D

For a left-foot redhead who can't run, can't jump and can't kick.... he amazes how much of the ball he gets? Respect.

*****cats would've been belted if he wasn't out there.
he kept them alive.

also bartel ducking everytime ge got tackled and getting a freekick :mad:
 
Jun 15, 2009
7,378
0
0
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Although I agree nothing compares to the football you speak off(my favorite, or at maybe a 2nd to cycling, sport), our aussie version is pretty awesome also :p
Ahh Timmy Rabo don´t make your country and wonderful sport smaller than it is. :)

Aussie Rules football is 1.000 times more interesting than soccer. Pipo only like Soccer because they are grown up with it and are overdosed on TV with it, thus missing all the other great sports (Cycling, Gaelic Football, Am. Football, Hurling, Aussie Rules, Ice-Hockey, Billards, Track & Field, etc. etc.). I mean there is no greater waste of time than watching 0-0 and 1-0 games with 70% referee influence in the outcomes of games...
 
Jul 28, 2010
2,252
0
0
I gotta say I don't really know that much about it.

Obviously here in the States, American Football is king among the foot-and-ball sports, but we get plenty of Soccer info on ESPN. But not so much on rugby but I enough about it.

Aussie Rules: I have no idea what it is.

I feel like an idiot, but what's the best comparison sport to Aussie Rules?
 
Jun 15, 2009
7,378
0
0
Aussie Rules compares best to real real Football and rugby.
But the real real Football has the advantage of them all. It´s because of the introduction of the forward pass in 1906: The greatest rule change in the history of sports... :)

BTW, remember the 1999 Titans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4lcsyEIyEo
The best Super-Bowl ever. I cheered for Warner´s boys :p

Good video of Aussie Football. You can see the action is a lot like the greatest Game, only that there´s more kicking in Australia ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-PFRrJQtew
 
Jul 28, 2010
2,252
0
0
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Aussie Rules compares best to real real Football and rugby.
But the real real Football has the advantage of them all. It´s because of the introduction of the forward pass in 1906: The greatest rule change in the history of sports... :)

BTW, remember the 1999 Titans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4lcsyEIyEo
The best Super-Bowl ever. I cheered for Warner´s boys :p


Good video of Aussie Football. You can see the action is a lot like the greatest Game, only that there´s more kicking in Australia ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-PFRrJQtew
Was only 8 at the time, but that brings back bad memories. Especially after the Music City Miracle and the run to the Super Bowl. Curse you! :p

Thanks for the Aussie video, BTW!
 
Jun 15, 2009
7,378
0
0
Same goes with me. Only the other way round. You should know i like the "new wave" fopotball: Passing the ball efficient as many times as possible. And Warner showed it perfect in 1999. What a great game and memories.

Yeah Aussie is cool. The same hard hitting and WR-Style-Catching, but w/o pads. Wow!
 
Jul 28, 2010
2,252
0
0
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Same goes with me. Only the other way round. You should know i like the "new wave" fopotball: Passing the ball efficient as many times as possible. And Warner showed it perfect in 1999. What a great game and memories.

Yeah Aussie is cool. The same hard hitting and WR-Style-Catching, but w/o pads. Wow!
Yep, that video made me wince quite a few times!
 
Jun 15, 2009
7,378
0
0
Two years later i´d to wince: The Cheats beating the Rams behind 3 lucky turnovers (ok, at least 2 were lucky) and bad (fixed?!) officiating. I still suffer up today. That´s why i hate the Patriots and enjoy every year when they loose in the playoffs after dominating the regular season. That´s payback big time. :D
 
May 6, 2009
8,314
0
0
ACF supports Collingwood, which is akin to liking Manchester United/Bayern Munich/Juventus/New York Yankees etc., I propose that Ferminal and Martin push to get him perma-banned :p

Just joking ACF, I would miss you around here.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,325
0
0
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
haha, love em mate :p

Freo? :eek:

--

for anyone who watched the game, how good did ling play for the cats.
Tmmy, your mob were carrying on like they won the Grand Final last night. Ling is an old hack. He should retire.

Natanui really needs to improve his kicking, Timmy.

AFL is definetly the most exciting football code.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,325
0
0
jobiwan said:
I gotta say I don't really know that much about it.

Obviously here in the States, American Football is king among the foot-and-ball sports, but we get plenty of Soccer info on ESPN. But not so much on rugby but I enough about it.

Aussie Rules: I have no idea what it is.

I feel like an idiot, but what's the best comparison sport to Aussie Rules?
AFL is a free flowing, fast, hard, high scoring game. Great game.

You should barrack for my team, the Magpies. They are the best team in the competition and they are the biggest team in the competition although they are the most hated :p.

 
Oct 5, 2010
1,018
0
0
Aussie Rules has no comparison. :p

Although I am a Perth-ite.... and dont mind the Eagles (good win last night) .... in my heart I am and will always be a Carlton girl :)
 
May 6, 2009
8,314
0
0
I'm more of a rugby league fan, but AFL is a sport best watched live at the ground. I was the MCG last year for Hawthorn and Essendon, it was a cold night, but I did have a lot of fun at the game.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,475
0
0
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Ahh Timmy Rabo don´t make your country and wonderful sport smaller than it is. :)

Aussie Rules football is 1.000 times more interesting than soccer. Pipo only like Soccer because they are grown up with it and are overdosed on TV with it, thus missing all the other great sports (Cycling, Gaelic Football, Am. Football, Hurling, Aussie Rules, Ice-Hockey, Billards, Track & Field, etc. etc.). I mean there is no greater waste of time than watching 0-0 and 1-0 games with 70% referee influence in the outcomes of games...
nah I love 'soccer' and I grew up in an AFL infleunced state.

for me it is easily the best football code in the world.

Nothing, nothing at all, not the tour, nor the giro can compare to the awesomeness that is the world cup.. I also love euro, because for a long time it has been of higher quality then the wc.

--

footy is a very entertaining support.
Unlike other physical sport, I feel like the aggresion is more justified in gameplay with afl.

it's just so epic seeing a player run down another to win the footy.

@acf he is still young, he has a might leap and excellent work rate.

I dislike rugby a lot :p

 
Jun 15, 2009
7,378
0
0
Comon Timmy, you must be kidding...

You love Aussie Football & Cycling, even put a great picture in your last post... and then come up with the WC. That can´t be real. The WC was sooo dirty and laughable that i havn´t watched a single soccer game since the Final between Netherlands and Spain.
Every second game was decided by the umpires (or by the Chinese Mafia, or by the Fifa itself; take whatever you want, you´ll hit the jackpot), rules are from 100 years ago, players pretend being injured all the time & shaving time. Every 3rd game is a tie. Games are dull, scoring is low and by pure chance.
What´s likeable about soccer? Nothing. And that says somebody (me :p) who played the game the whole youth (i didn´t knew all the other great ballgames back then).
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,325
0
0
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
@acf he is still young, he has a might leap and excellent work rate.

I dislike rugby a lot :p

Yes, but the best kicks in the AFL such as guys like Buckley were good kicks from the start of their careers. The thing is with the AFL drafting of young players is that they are drafting athletes and not necessarily footballers if you know what I mean.
 
The few times I've seen AFL I really liked it. Maybe better than Rugby.

When I was about 18 (circa 1981) I saw some sort of video showing sports from around the world. They had all kinds of things on there like those Foxy lists. The most interesting to me were Lacrosse, which has grown quite a bit in the USA, and AFL. Unfortunately, you have to really seek it out here on this side of the pond to see it.

They are showing more Rugby now on Universal Sports in the US, and now that I'm understanding the rules more, like it quite a bit. Hopefully they'll pick up some AFL.
 
May 2, 2010
1,504
0
0
craig1985 said:
I'm more of a rugby league fan, but AFL is a sport best watched live at the ground. I was the MCG last year for Hawthorn and Essendon, it was a cold night, but I did have a lot of fun at the game.
I'm also more of a league fan, but agree that AFL is best watched live at the ground.

After last week's effort, I'm ashamed to admit that I am a Swans supporter. There are 8 year olds that can kick better than them.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts